DII-AA 2017

Booger

this is what your new D2-AA Regions will look like...almost bank on it....y2k posted what he thought the new D2-AA would look like in another thread a Booger says he is spot on...only ones that could change this look is BA and Ensworth.....if they decide to play up and Booger dont think they will this first run; nothing changes...besides, why in the heck would they move up; Booger wouldnt.....they may could possibly move USJ over to the Middle Region if they do move; but just dont see them adding that additional hour on to USJ travels...TSSAA or lobying BA and Ensworth too hard with something to stay put.....it monkey wrenches the setup in the AAA and AA regions to much.......

Booger just sayin  :thumb:

D2-AA

West Region

St. Georges Independent School 389

Evangelical Christian School 365

Lausanne Collegiate School 365

Harden Academy 327

University School of Jackson 312

First Assembly Christian School 305

North Point Christian School 297

Middle Region

Lipscomb Academy Nashville 518

Brentwood Academy 497

Ensworth High School 463

Christ Presbyterian Academy Nashville 449

University School of Nashville 390

Goodpasture Christian School 311

Battle Ground Academy 364

Franklin Road Academy 266

East Region

Chattanooga Christian School Chattanooga 458

Webb School of Knoxville 449

Notre Dame High School Chattanooga 419

Christian Academy of Knoxville 400

Grace Christian Academy Knoxville 316

Boyd Buchanan High School Chattanooga 292

Silverdale Baptist Academy Chattanooga 279

Edited by Booger

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture is in Middle TN and not sure if that would work.  If in the East the closest district/regional matchup would be over 90 minutes away.  

I could see something like this...

D2-AA

West Region 7 TEAMS

Harden Academy 327

Middle Region 7 TEAMS

Goodpasture Christian School Madison 311

University School of Nashville 390 (No FB)

Nashville Christian 2??

East Region 7 TEAMS

Edited by youthsportsPIX

My fear with this is simply from a fan of football - this years BA team and most years would run through every game in this setup like a hot knife through butter.

BGA has declined in football since they left the top division in D2 as far as I am concerned - BA or Ensworth unless something changes in the talent pool would win the next 100 state championships

Someone please correct me if I am wrong

this is what your new D2-AA Regions will look like...almost bank on it....y2k posted what he thought the new D2-AA would look like in another thread a Booger says he is spot on...only ones that could change this look is BA and Ensworth.....if they decide to play up and Booger dont think they will this first run; nothing changes...besides, why in the heck would they move up; Booger wouldnt.....they may could possibly move USJ over to the Middle Region if they do move; but just dont see them adding that additional hour on to USJ travels...TSSAA or lobying BA and Ensworth too hard with something to stay put.....it monkey wrenches the setup in the AAA and AA regions to much.......

Booger just sayin :thumb:

D2-AA

West Region

Harden Academy 327

Middle Region

Brentwood Academy 497

Ensworth High School 463

East Region

My fear with this is simply from a fan of football - this years BA team and most years would run through every game in this setup like a hot knife through butter.

BGA has declined in football since they left the top division in D2 as far as I am concerned - BA or Ensworth unless something changes in the talent pool would win the next 100 state championships

Someone please correct me if I am wrong

As presently sitting yes they would be the favorites to win every year. I'm sure some of these teams would step up their game and level of athletes in the school in order to eventually compete. BA and Ensworth could win state in the biggest of divisions public or private it seems they would be bored most games if playing in this region as presently constructed.

I hate it for the bigger schools though. I would like to see more than 9 teams in a division. Wish Catholic had come over and 2 or 3 others played with the big boys just to make it more exciting for everyone in that division.

Hopefully the smaller privates will schedule at least one big private each. I'd like to see that.

Edited by Spartan4Life

I still believe that three class in DII is too many. Make it 2 classes with the cutoff around 400. I know a lot of people would hate it and wouldn't have went DII, but I could see it happening in four years. 9-10 teams playing for a state championship is ridiculous, that's in essence nothing more than a Super Region.

I just don't see anyway this doesn't suck... BA and Ensworth are excellent programs, always in the national eye and exciting to watch every year. I like that they are good, but I don't think CPA's football coaching staff has any interest in recruiting. Given that, it'll be the rare year, like last that we'll be competitive...

Soooooo........a CPA fan is outright accusing Ensworth and BA of recruiting?????   :roflol:   You do know that the TSSAA rules prohibit recruiting, even in the wild world of D2???  My guess is that certainly Ensworth and most likely BA will move up, so you will likely need to turn your evil eye towards Webb in Knoxville.

Goodpasture is in Middle TN and not sure if that would work.  If in the East the closest district/regional matchup would be over 90 minutes away.  

I could see something like this...

D2-AA

West Region 7 TEAMS

Harden Academy 327

Middle Region 7 TEAMS

Nashville Christian 2??

East Region 7 TEAMS

that is a booboo on Boogers part.....you r correct sir and the err has been corrected

Booger just sayin  :thumb:

Soooooo........a CPA fan is outright accusing Ensworth and BA of recruiting????? :roflol: You do know that the TSSAA rules prohibit recruiting, even in the wild world of D2??? My guess is that certainly Ensworth and most likely BA will move up, so you will likely need to turn your evil eye towards Webb in Knoxville.

OR.... it's an admission that CPA has recruited in these past several years that they've been competitive in D1!!!!

Well, well, well.... LOL!

I know of nothing first hand; however, it appears, based upon the results of the new classes in DII and especially in DII-AA, two schools who had representatives on the Bd of Control, purposely placed themselves in a lower classification and voted this way to ensure placement.  It is all laid out in a 9/22/16 news article in the Knoxville paper.  BA especially (and quite vocal about it) and Ensworth to a lesser degree, are contemplating staying in the DII-AA not only for travel, etc but also because "it just ain't right" that the independent school representatives voted what was best for their individual schools rather than what is best for DII.  If this is true, my little school will be destroyed by BA and Ensworth, but so will Webb and Lipscomb and frankly, it will be worth it if their self-serving voting blows up in their collective faces.

I know of nothing first hand; however, it appears, based upon the results of the new classes in DII and especially in DII-AA, two schools who had representatives on the Bd of Control, purposely placed themselves in a lower classification and voted this way to ensure placement.  It is all laid out in a 9/22/16 news article in the Knoxville paper.  BA especially (and quite vocal about it) and Ensworth to a lesser degree, are contemplating staying in the DII-AA not only for travel, etc but also because "it just ain't right" that the independent school representatives voted what was best for their individual schools rather than what is best for DII.  If this is true, my little school will be destroyed by BA and Ensworth, but so will Webb and Lipscomb and frankly, it will be worth it if their self-serving voting blows up in their collective faces.

Whatever....there's a high probability that if Lipscomb would have been placed in D2-AAA, they would have chosen to remain in D1.....wonder what the narrative would have been then?  I'll say it again....Lipscomb is placed where they should be placed in football....competing in a district with FRA, BGA, CPA, and Goodpasture.  If BA and Ensworth, stay put...then oh well.  Lipscomb will then need to invest significant dollars in aid, coaching, and facilities to stay competitive.  

You guys can continue to be upset with Lipscomb if you choose for "rigging the football enrollment numbers in their favor" but keep in mind, that that adding Lipscomb to D2 will be good for all the privates, especially the larger ones for all other sports.