DII-AA 2017

Booger

Whatever....there's a high probability that if Lipscomb would have been placed in D2-AAA, they would have chosen to remain in D1.....wonder what the narrative would have been then?  I'll say it again....Lipscomb is placed where they should be placed in football....competing in a district with FRA, BGA, CPA, and Goodpasture.  If BA and Ensworth, stay put...then oh well.  Lipscomb will then need to invest significant dollars in aid, coaching, and facilities to stay competitive.  

You guys can continue to be upset with Lipscomb if you choose for "rigging the football enrollment numbers in their favor" but keep in mind, that that adding Lipscomb to D2 will be good for all the privates, especially the larger ones for all other sports.

Not sure your statement about Lipscomb (518 enrollment) being right where they should be competing with FRA (266), BGA (364), Goodpasture (311) and CPA (449) is very accurate. If Lipscomb is striving to emulate and mirror their smaller counterparts, they have larger issues.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys can continue to be upset with Lipscomb if you choose for "rigging the football enrollment numbers in their favor" but keep in mind, that that adding Lipscomb to D2 will be good for all the privates, especially the larger ones for all other sports.

I don't understand your statement.  Why is this good for all privates?

Edited by Bighurt

Soooooo........a CPA fan is outright accusing Ensworth and BA of recruiting????? :roflol: You do know that the TSSAA rules prohibit recruiting, even in the wild world of D2??? My guess is that certainly Ensworth and most likely BA will move up, so you will likely need to turn your evil eye towards Webb in Knoxville.

Honestly, I did not know you could not recruit in D2. I would not accuse BA or Ensworth of anything, but their reputation as great schools recruits alone and then financial aid can be applied.

I was basing my thoughts that it was permissible by lots of people in D-I that think it's occurs in D-II. My mistake.

OR.... it's an admission that CPA has recruited in these past several years that they've been competitive in D1!!!!

Well, well, well.... LOL!

Not sure how you can jump to that conclusion based on me saying I did not think the coaching staff was interested in recruiting in D-II where I mistakenly thought it was a thing. Obviously they have not in the past and any evidence you have of such would be appreciated and illuminating.

Not sure your statement about Lipscomb (518 enrollment) being right where they should be competing with FRA (266), BGA (364), Goodpasture (311) and CPA (449) is very accurate. If Lipscomb is striving to emulate and mirror their smaller counterparts, they have larger issues.

Sorry...not following. Where did I say or infer that Lipscomb is trying to emulate/mirror those other schools?

I just said from a competition standpoint they fit better in the middle for football. They won't win every game but shouldn't lose every game either.....that's it. What you guys don't want to recognize is that if they would have been placed in D2-AAA, they most likely would have chosen to stay D1....would have been one less school for the other Nashville privates to play.

Who is CFA

Sorry...not following. Where did I say or infer that Lipscomb is trying to emulate/mirror those other schools?

I just said from a competition standpoint they fit better in the middle for football. They won't win every game but shouldn't lose every game either.....that's it. What you guys don't want to recognize is that if they would have been placed in D2-AAA, they most likely would have chosen to stay D1....would have been one less school for the other Nashville privates to play.

Who is CFA

Your quote from an earlier post TTate - I'll say it again....Lipscomb is placed where they should be placed in football....competing in a district with FRA, BGA, CPA, and Goodpasture. 

These are not the teams a school with an enrollment of 500 should be playing. Lipscomb should be AAA IMO and if Roller had not been making the rules thy most likely would have ended up there. 

Your quote from an earlier post TTate - I'll say it again....Lipscomb is placed where they should be placed in football....competing in a district with FRA, BGA, CPA, and Goodpasture.

These are not the teams a school with an enrollment of 500 should be playing. Lipscomb should be AAA IMO and if Roller had not been making the rules thy most likely would have ended up there.

Then they would have stayed D1..

I know what I said and stand by it...still don't understand how Lipscomb is trying to mirror or emulate those other schools by wanting to compete with them in football...are they trying to mirror MBA since they will be competing with them in every other male sport. Please connect the dots for me.

Who is CFA

One more thing (hopefully) and then I'll try to drop it.  You're saying Lipscomb should not be playing against schools with 200 less kids than they have.....correct?  Should they be playing against schools with 200 more kids...Baylor (721), how about 400 more kids (MUS, Father Ryan), double (MBA 1030), more than triple (1776)?

You can't just have it one way.

Who is CFA?

One more thing (hopefully) and then I'll try to drop it.  You're saying Lipscomb should not be playing against schools with 200 less kids than they have.....correct?  Should they be playing against schools with 200 more kids...Baylor (721), how about 400 more kids (MUS, Father Ryan), double (MBA 1030), more than triple (1776)?

You can't just have it one way.

Who is CFA?

Of course they should. A school with 500 students has the ability to compete with a school with 700 students much more than a 200 member school has the ability to compete with a 500 member school.  If you cannot see that then nothing I, or anyone else, says will change your mind. 

Stop asking who I am. Why does that matter? You are on a message board. Who cares??? Do i need to submit a resume in order to form an opinion?