CLINTON DRAGONS 2017?

92Dragon

So what's in store for the Clinton Dragons in 2017? Is there going to be a coaching change or are they just going to try some new things like a new offense? I knew before the season started this year that things were going to go downhill a little, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. I guess things can only get better from here right?

What's the word at Clinton? And would a new offense make them better? I saw them a couple times this year. It was more than just their offense. They couldn't stop anybody and committed a lot of penalties.

Still no word. I think we may find something out in a couple of weeks.

I agree 100% with you. It seems like people don't like what I have to say, but I know football. I've been around it my entire life. The problems at Clinton go much deeper than just the type of offense or defense we run. The team is undisciplined and can do just about anything they want without repercussions. There is too much me me me and not caring about the team.

That's why I feel like things wont get any better until there is a head coaching change. If the hc doesn't have control of his team now, what makes anyone think he will next year? And changing offenses to a triple option? That's one of the things I've heard Kerr is wanting to do. I mean, when is the last time Clinton could run the ball successfully game in and game out? I would say when Hazlehurst was here back in 08 and 09.

Triple option?? Is he trying to be Gaddis?! Haha. It takes a lot of discipline to run the triple option. If his guys aren't disciplined now...well you know how that'll end up. You know more than I would, but from the outside, the lack of discipline is very evident. They lost a lot of games they shouldn't have and it looked as if that was a big culprit in those losses.

Triple option?? Is he trying to be Gaddis?! Haha. It takes a lot of discipline to run the triple option. If his guys aren't disciplined now...well you know how that'll end up. You know more than I would, but from the outside, the lack of discipline is very evident. They lost a lot of games they shouldn't have and it looked as if that was a big culprit in those losses.

Yes you are correct. Fans from other teams can even see how badly coached Clinton is. Its not just my opinion.

Discipline starts at the top for sure. If the hc allows it, it makes the whole program look bad. That job could be an attractive one and a good job for the right person.

You are 100% correct. And if he hasn't disciplined the last 4 or 5 teams, what makes people think things are gonna change?

Clinton would be a great place to coach with the right guy.

I'm a Triple Option guy myself, so I'm in favor of it. However it takes time, discipline and commitment to run it. One thing people don't understand about the Option is that you also must have a stable Passing attack to go along with it. Teams who run the Triple Option that are 80/20 run to pass will never be truly successful with it. 60/40 or no more than 70/30 is the only way to make it work. Also, I see teams in this area that try to run it all have Qb's who are hesitant to make the pitch after the initial read. Quarterbacks have to learn how to make that quick decision or it will never work.