Rhea County Off-season

kamerb

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Any word on the rhea and anderson scrimmage from tonight?

The Final was 17-14 Rhea 1s vs 1s was 10-7 Rhea. ACs 1s scored on Rhea's 2s. Then Rhea's freshmen punched in a TD late to end the scrimmage. Both teams were pretty evenly matched. Our kicker made a 45 yd FG tonight but missed from 35. 

Rhea really worked on running the ball tonight. We may have attempted 4 passes the whole scrimmage. One went for a 22yd TD to the TE. 

AC has a very big offensive line and couple good looking skill guys. 18 for AC the slot WR/TE has some good hands and can move for a bigger target. The starting RB 25 is a tough one to bring down. The QB is pretty good for AC. Rhea got some pressure on him but he wasn't live so I don't think Rhea blitzed as much as we usually do. 

Rhea's defense looked pretty good, but still got some work to do before Cleveland comes to town.

Overall, it was a good day of work and gave us some more things to work on to get better. 

Edited by Rhea Co.

I felt like both teams played very physical at the scrimmage. Everyone came away with no injuries and got better. The scrimmage was simulated like game time except special teams were dead once the returner caught the ball. Extra points were also dead including the line. 

I understand Rhea co just now shifted to a shotgun in their wing-t formation this year. I felt like the timing was off from that. However, I feel as the weeks progress the timing will get on point. 

The mavs played physical and to the football which is what you want. There are some inconsistencies on offense that need to be fixed, but it was a lot better consistency and timing wise for the mavs then the scrimmage on monday. 

I HATE TO ADMIT THAT I WILL MISS TALKING  CASH MONEY TRASH WITH THE EAGLE FAITHFUL. BUT DON'T WORRY I WILL TROLL AND WATCH YOUR YOU TUBE CHANNEL AND POINT OUT ANY MISTAKES YOU MAKE. AND I KNOW IF MY OWLS DON'T LIVE UP TO #BIGBOYFOOTBALL YOU WILL LET ME KNOW. GOOD LUCK AND FINISH THE WINNING TRADITION THAT DEM OWLS LEFT IN 4 5A! WILL YOU BE THE LAST MAN STANDING? CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS SHOTGUN CHICKENWINGT:thumb:

#LOP

14 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

The Final was 17-14 Rhea 1s vs 1s was 10-7 Rhea. ACs 1s scored on Rhea's 2s. Then Rhea's freshmen punched in a TD late to end the scrimmage. Both teams were pretty evenly matched. Our kicker made a 45 yd FG tonight but missed from 35. 

Rhea really worked on running the ball tonight. We may have attempted 4 passes the whole scrimmage. One went for a 22yd TD to the TE. 

AC has a very big offensive line and couple good looking skill guys. 18 for AC the slot WR/TE has some good hands and can move for a bigger target. The starting RB 25 is a tough one to bring down. The QB is pretty good for AC. Rhea got some pressure on him but he wasn't live so I don't think Rhea blitzed as much as we usually do. 

Rhea's defense looked pretty good, but still got some work to do before Cleveland comes to town.

Overall, it was a good day of work and gave us some more things to work on to get better. 

Looks like we will be in a dogfight come the 25th  (21days )  It will be interesting to see who impose their will. I know we need to tighten up on a few things but look like we are comming along nicely

On 8/4/2017 at 7:15 AM, Space3 said:

AC/Rhea got some good work in at the scrimmage. Both teams looked like they came out with no injury's. How mamy kids you got on the team? looked like you all was over 100.... Good luck this season!

It was good scrimmaging you guys. Good luck this season! At one point with freshmen and varsity combined we had about 170 in workouts is what I heard. 

According to the coaches, our work day with Farragut and Greeneville on Tuesday has been cancelled due to bad weather. Eagles will practice every day this week, and all fans are encouraged to attend Friday's jamboree which will feature Cleveland and Lenoir City at 6 followed by Stone Memorial and Knoxville Catholic at 7, following that will be Rhea County's 8 o'clock matchup with McMinn County and the tussle with Bradley Central at 9.