2017 1A Favorites?

AllRegion

22 hours ago, Carl1976 said:

We can keep talking about it and you old timers can keep telling me how much you know, but we shall see in a very short time if I'm  right or not.  But it doesn't seem like either one of you know much about the current team to be honest. 

The fundamental side of this team is NO WHERE near the one of Napier and Stewart!This team holds ALOT!!!Those boys would bulldoze you and Napier pulling was a scary sight even from the sideline.I watched at least 6 Coalfield games last year against the better teams the fundamentals hurt you all.The kid you talk of has a lot of maturing to do to be considered a real prospect.He has size but lacks some of the important things.I also agre with Clyde about the center play last year.I usually focus on the lineman when I watch a team play and I watched you all a lot.

12 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

For Greenback to be mentioned with TC or SP they will have to actually win a few Championships not just make it. I'm just keeping it real 

1 gold and 2 silver is a lot better than most!You have to make it there to even have a chance.

6 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Those two kids were men especially at the 1A level. If Coalfield has better linemen than those two from 2011-2014 then I will call them to Cookeville right now and it won't be close. 

They don't I'm not trying to say the line is going to be bad by any means if they clean it up, but they don't have a lineman close to the caliber of stewart or naiper. They were men among boys almost every Friday night.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

The fundamental side of this team is NO WHERE near the one of Napier and Stewart!This team holds ALOT!!!Those boys would bulldoze you and Napier pulling was a scary sight even from the sideline.I watched at least 6 Coalfield games last year against the better teams the fundamentals hurt you all.The kid you talk of has a lot of maturing to do to be considered a real prospect.He has size but lacks some of the important things.I also agre with Clyde about the center play last year.I usually focus on the lineman when I watch a team play and I watched you all a lot.

I focused on the line play all of last year and I'm not trying to dog any kid on here but it was a lot of easy assignments missed. Simple things like picking up blitz and knowing which backer to pick up. I'll restate it I do not think the line is gonna be terrible this year, but to compare it to naiper and stewart would be blasphemy!

6 hours ago, Clyde22Drexler said:

I focused on the line play all of last year and I'm not trying to dog any kid on here but it was a lot of easy assignments missed. Simple things like picking up blitz and knowing which backer to pick up. I'll restate it I do not think the line is gonna be terrible this year, but to compare it to naiper and stewart would be blasphemy!

Very good observation. I have said from the beginning that Coalfield should be the team to beat in the east. However, the 2017 line would not be quite as good as those they had when those two men played. Saying that... Parker is a stud and could lead this team to Cookeville.  

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Very good observation. I have said from the beginning that Coalfield should be the team to beat in the east. However, the 2017 line would not be quite as good as those they had when those two men played. Saying that... Parker is a stud and could lead this team to Cookeville.  

I do believe they have too much for us this year.SP has the mental advantage over over hem but that may not be enough either.We will see.Its getting closer.

28 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I do believe they have too much for us this year.SP has the mental advantage over over hem but that may not be enough either.We will see.Its getting closer.

They better get back to Cookeville this season. This is like the 2013 and 2014 seasons. They should be there. It won't happen for Coalfield in 2018,2019,& 2020. 

26 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

They better get back to Cookeville this season. This is like the 2013 and 2014 seasons. They should be there. It won't happen for Coalfield in 2018,2019,& 2020. 

I agree this will be coalfields last chance to represent the east for a long time.