TSSAA reclassification

BruinBabe

Privates are out with exception of Knox Catholic. My friends at Father Ryan say they will be forced in by fall or face a stiff challenge and/or penalty. They are trying to classify the scholarship money from the church as "loans".

Page bumped up to AAA. The privates leaving open up A and AA big time. Anderson County is back in AA where they were a wrecking ball for 20 years. They have to be an early favorite.

AAA is Brentwood, no real challenger. Webb's ride of only play in a 6 team small school private division and then calling it a "State Championship" is over.

Should be a fun season.

My so early they mean nothing picks are

AAA Wood

AA Anderson

A Sale Creek

Div 2 Large Baylor

Div 2 Small CAK

Where is Knox Catholic slated to play for volleyball.  I read in the paper where they placed the football team, but do not know who the vb team will be with.  Are they with Farragut, HV and that district?

They are still AA at the moment. Here is their new region and district...for now:

Region 2

District 3

Alcoa High School (Alcoa, TN)

Austin-East High School (Knoxville, TN)

Carter High School (Strawberry Plains, TN)

Fulton High School (Knoxville, TN)

Knoxville Catholic High School (Knoxville, TN)

Knoxville Central High School (Knoxville, TN)

District 4

Anderson Co. High School (Clinton, TN)

Clinton High School (Clinton, TN)

Gibbs High School (Corryton, TN)

Grainger High School (Rutledge, TN)

Union Co. High School (Maynardville, TN)

• 2 weeks later...

As a Catholic school grad, it is a huge selling point. At Ryan we had part of our tuition paid by our local Parrish. I cannot imagine that Knox Catholic will stop what is a universal practice among Catholic schools. As good as their football team is this sounds like a suspension waiting to happen.

Back on topic, what are your too early predictions? Do you think anyone can challenge the Wood?

I saw Baylor, Webb, CAK, Anderson County last year. Baylor will be tough the next two years, I thought Anderson County looked great as a AAA team, they will be tough to handle as AA. I also like CAK. What do you Knoxville guys think?

The new alignment did no favors to anybody in AAA except for Williamson county schools.  The way I see it, this realignment has opened the door to a 3rd WilCo team to be in Murfreesboro come State time.  Brentwood was going to win the district for the next 4-5 years and probably state too.  This will now allow 2 more teams in from WilCo; Franklin, Ravenwood, Centennial, and others have to be excited about this.  WilCo easily has the deepest talent in the state year in and year out.

The new alignment did no favors to anybody in AAA except for Williamson county schools.  The way I see it, this realignment has opened the door to a 3rd WilCo team to be in Murfreesboro come State time.  Brentwood was going to win the district for the next 4-5 years and probably state too.  This will now allow 2 more teams in from WilCo; Franklin, Ravenwood, Centennial, and others have to be excited about this.  WilCo easily has the deepest talent in the state year in and year out.

Brentwood was not amused by the plan and appealed to the TSSAA to be moved back. They won and were put back in with the rest of the Willco schools. Dickson County was flipped and they are now with the Davidson Co. schools. The addition of Page makes this district even more brutal now.

Edited by SummaryJudgment