• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NotreDameAlum

Some fun facts about Playoffs

13 posts in this topic

Fun Facts

Most Consecutive Semifinal Rounds

Maryville- 17 (2000-16)

CPA- 6 (2011-16)

Alcoa- 4 (2013-16)

Marion County- 3 (2014-16)

Oakland- 3 (2014-16)

Pearl Cohn- 3 (2014-16)

Whitehaven- 3 (2014-16)

MOST PLAYOFF GAMES

1. Maryville-136

2. Brentwood Academy-127

3. Milan-117

4. Alcoa-114

5. Trousdale County-104

6. South Pittsburg-101

7. Oak Ridge-96

8. Riverdale-92

9. Goodpasture-91

10. Marion County-87

11. White House- 85

12. Germantown- 81

13. Lipscomb Academy/David Lipscomb-80

MOST PLAYOFF WINS

1. Maryville-115

2. Alcoa-99

2. Brentwood Academy-98

4. Milan-82

5. Trousdale County-77

6. South Pittsburg-73

7. Riverdale-67

8. Oak Ridge- 65

9. Goodpasture- 64

10. Marion County-58

11. Lipscomb Academy-57

12. Germantown-53

12. Fulton-53

12. White House- 53

15. Gallatin- 51

You might want to see how many consecutive semi final games R'dale went to in the early to 2000's. I am pretty sure I saw Oak Ridge 3 or 4 times in there.

You might want to see how many consecutive semi final games R'dale went to in the early to 2000's. I am pretty sure I saw Oak Ridge 3 or 4 times in there.

LOD we would've had 4 straight from 93-96, but we screwed around and lost to a much less talented Jefferson Co team in 1995 in the 2nd round. Still have a hard time fathoming how we lost that game with probably one of if not THE most talented teams ever in this part of the state. Bohanon (Alabama), Gipson (Florida), and Mcaddley (Alabama & a career in the NFL) were all on that team, not to mention about 5 other guys that signed D1 scholarships. Riverdale went to 3 semifinal games in a row from 93-95, and 6 in a row from 2000-2005, so ND needs to correct that.

Edited by SweetScience

Also OR has 67 playoff wins and 97 playoff games overall. I know I'm nit picky lol

Edited by SweetScience

LOD we would've had 4 straight from 93-96, but we screwed around and lost to a much less talented Jefferson Co team in 1995 in the 2nd round. Still have a hard time fathoming how we lost that game with probably one of if not THE most talented teams ever in this part of the state. Bohanon (Alabama), Gipson (Florida), and Mcaddley (Alabama & a career in the NFL) were all on that team, not to mention about 5 other guys that signed D1 scholarships. Riverdale went to 3 semifinal games in a row from 93-95, and 6 in a row from 2000-2005, so ND needs to correct that.

Only reason I know about the 2000-2005 run was I was at every one of them.  It was at one of them at Oak Ridge that me and my Parents met Bounder.  He spoiled me and my Mom with his RIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only reason I know about the 2000-2005 run was I was at every one of them.  It was at one of them at Oak Ridge that me and my Parents met Bounder.  He spoiled me and my Mom with his RIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss those old Riverdale/OR classic games. Great rivalry for awhile. Lots of great players involved in those games.

Edited by SweetScience

So do I.  There is nothing here in the mid state like the Oak Ridge players coming down the steps to the train whistle back ground.

So do I.  There is nothing here in the mid state like the Oak Ridge players coming down the steps to the train whistle back ground.

I have lots of memories of them steps as a young kid patting our players on the shoulder pads coming down them to walking down them as a player. Shawn Summers once said it was a bigger thrill for him doing that then running through the T @ UT.

Looks like all the consecutive are current...