12. Fulton-53

12. White House- 53

15. Gallatin- 51

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to see how many consecutive semi final games R'dale went to in the early to 2000's. I am pretty sure I saw Oak Ridge 3 or 4 times in there.

LOD we would've had 4 straight from 93-96, but we screwed around and lost to a much less talented Jefferson Co team in 1995 in the 2nd round. Still have a hard time fathoming how we lost that game with probably one of if not THE most talented teams ever in this part of the state. Bohanon (Alabama), Gipson (Florida), and Mcaddley (Alabama & a career in the NFL) were all on that team, not to mention about 5 other guys that signed D1 scholarships. Riverdale went to 3 semifinal games in a row from 93-95, and 6 in a row from 2000-2005, so ND needs to correct that.

Edited by SweetScience

LOD we would've had 4 straight from 93-96, but we screwed around and lost to a much less talented Jefferson Co team in 1995 in the 2nd round. Still have a hard time fathoming how we lost that game with probably one of if not THE most talented teams ever in this part of the state. Bohanon (Alabama), Gipson (Florida), and Mcaddley (Alabama & a career in the NFL) were all on that team, not to mention about 5 other guys that signed D1 scholarships. Riverdale went to 3 semifinal games in a row from 93-95, and 6 in a row from 2000-2005, so ND needs to correct that.

Only reason I know about the 2000-2005 run was I was at every one of them.  It was at one of them at Oak Ridge that me and my Parents met Bounder.  He spoiled me and my Mom with his RIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only reason I know about the 2000-2005 run was I was at every one of them.  It was at one of them at Oak Ridge that me and my Parents met Bounder.  He spoiled me and my Mom with his RIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss those old Riverdale/OR classic games. Great rivalry for awhile. Lots of great players involved in those games.

Edited by SweetScience

So do I.  There is nothing here in the mid state like the Oak Ridge players coming down the steps to the train whistle back ground.

I have lots of memories of them steps as a young kid patting our players on the shoulder pads coming down them to walking down them as a player. Shawn Summers once said it was a bigger thrill for him doing that then running through the T @ UT.

Maryville has had 2 legendary Head Coaches. Some Schools only had 1 legend. Most never had a legend.

Ted Wilson put Maryville Football on the map. A Master Motivator. Ted led Maryville to State Titles in 1970,1976 and 1978. Maryville was runner up in 1977 and 1979.

George Quarles is the guy everyone knows about now. 250-15 with 11 State Titles and 4 Runner Ups.

Maryville Football was lucky to have  Ted Wilson from 1966-1980. Maryville is lucky to have George Quarles coaching now.