2018 Rankings

GCPioneer

That's the main issue we have in the West TN area: Some of these kids and parents are unrealistic in school choices: Im plugged in to the rumor mill, and I know a couple that are most definetly NAIA kids, but the parents and hs coaches are telling them to hold out for a D1 offer that never will come.

That's the main issue we have in the West TN area: Some of these kids and parents are unrealistic in school choices: Im plugged in to the rumor mill, and I know a couple that are most definetly NAIA kids, but the parents and hs coaches are telling them to hold out for a D1 offer that never will come.

I agree 100%.....I'm a little more than just plugged in, I'm at a lot of gyms and socialize with lots of coaches and parents. Sometimes, you just want to stare with your mouth open after listening to some parents.

It seems to me that a lot of parents and even kids don't realize that basketball ends for girls after college.  Use the game to get a free education at whatever school gives you the best offer and that you fit in with the best.  The most important thing is the education not being on a D1 school.  In fact, unless you are one of the "superstars" in the WNBA, you can make more money with your degree than you can playing on a WNBA team.  Get educated for free while playing basketball regardless of the level and then go get your$!!!

It seems to me that a lot of parents and even kids don't realize that basketball ends for girls after college. Use the game to get a free education at whatever school gives you the best offer and that you fit in with the best. The most important thing is the education not being on a D1 school. In fact, unless you are one of the "superstars" in the WNBA, you can make more money with your degree than you can playing on a WNBA team. Get educated for free while playing basketball regardless of the level and then go get your$!!!

I don't think the issue is so much the kid playing exposure but their coaches selling the kids unrealistic dreams about D1 just so the coach can be seen coaching at one. It's really a sad situation that parents pay all that money to play for supposedly a showcase team to just watch maybe 1 kid on their team get looked at. A true coach does it for the love of the game and for the kids. Not for themselves.

Guys no one is forcing these kids or parents to play. It is a blast and if you don't get noticed you still have a great time. I do not make money off coaching my team but we have talent. And your right div 2 NAIA juco they all come. Listen if you are good there is no point in playing in a local tourney with not very good talent. Playing in these exposure events is fun and a way to get noticed. Quite a few girls have gotten noticed from my team where they wouldn't have any other way.

Guys no one is forcing these kids or parents to play. It is a blast and if you don't get noticed you still have a great time. I do not make money off coaching my team but we have talent. And your right div 2 NAIA juco they all come. Listen if you are good there is no point in playing in a local tourney with not very good talent. Playing in these exposure events is fun and a way to get noticed. Quite a few girls have gotten noticed from my team where they wouldn't have any other way.

Getting noticed is 1 thing, getting an offer is another. And offer is a broad term when it comes to a scholarship. If tuition is, for instance, 15000 and you get an offer of 5000 then did you really get offered. CMON the term offer is thrown around with the assumption of FULL RIDE. Lets be honest, that rarely happens. So save your money, get in the gym and work hard and IF the child wants to play college basketball someone will find them. Or she can walk on at a community college and try out. Either way this exposure/showcase thing is way out of hand. When tournament directors are feeding off of 3-8thgraders in showcases telling 9yr. old kids they will get them noticed. Something should be done. NO and I mean NO college coach will ever be looking at a 5th grade kid. Ridiculous!!!! Save your money!!!!!!