2018 Rankings

GCPioneer

MM- You are exactly right. Certain programs and "scouting services" that charge these kids tons of money is what has given AAU/ Exposure ball such a bad name. For many years, the programs we have offered are funded through hard work (car washes, hosting tournaments) by the kids, but NOT asking parents to write a check. I feel bad when I see these kids paying sometimes $1000's and then attending so many "exposure" camps so they can be "ranked." Trust me, College Coaches NEVER look at these so called lists and services.

if you don't mind, what travel program are you referring to as "we have offered our program through hard work."

Key word there, exposure. It's probably 30-40 kids in West Tennessee (not Memphis) in the 2017 class that should play college basketball on some level. Only a small handful of those play on a well known AAU team. A small handful go to showcase camps and events. Lots of major college coaches don't even know where Greenfield, Gleason, or even where Jackson, TN is. I went to a event in Franklin this past summer and I asked a coach personally have they ever been to rural West Tennessee. They said "We go to Middle Tennessee, then go to Memphis and on to the next state". So forking out cash is a way that lots of kids around here even get seen at all.

Key word there, exposure. It's probably 30-40 kids in West Tennessee (not Memphis) in the 2017 class that should play college basketball on some level. Only a small handful of those play on a well known AAU team. A small handful go to showcase camps and events. Lots of major college coaches don't even know where Greenfield, Gleason, or even where Jackson, TN is. I went to a event in Franklin this past summer and I asked a coach personally have they ever been to rural West Tennessee. They said "We go to Middle Tennessee, then go to Memphis and on to the next state". So forking out cash is a way that lots of kids around here even get seen at all.

That's a fair point and I respect that about the rural kids that can play. Those type are all over and are the ones that rarely have any shot of making these lists. I am for kids period. Any travel team that develops skills is a good thing. What I don't like is: For this amount we will promote you on social media, this amount we will promote you on video, etc. Most families cannot afford these promo packages.

That I agree with 100 percent. I looked on one girls basketball recruiting website. That guy who runs it charges close to 600 dollars for a skills session AND a evaluation video. Now this I think what's wrong with exposure. Are you really helping the kid OR you bank account?? Heck I could do both for 50 bucks just because I want every kid who has some skills to play college basketball for free.

Save your money and stop paying these crooks. They're taking advantage of you. What do you hope to accomplish? A D1 scholarship? Yea right, 99.9â„… of kids will not get a phone call from a UConn, SC, Notre Dame or any other major university. It's a dream these people sell. Get in a gym and practice, get your HS coach to come in and work with you. Work hard and play even harder. You don't have to pay someone 1000s to show you how to dribble. Practice, practice, practice. Go Bears!!

Ok... so here's the reality of things...

No high school player in the Flight program paid a dime to play on the team they played on last year. It is an unpaid privieledge to play in the Flight program, that's a fact.

No player paid a dime to be on a list, that's fact.

Tennessee Flight won three Nike National Championships before this service originated (might I add that the Flight is the only program in the country with multiple EYBL championships). To say that this list is a promotion of purely Flight kids is absolutely false. Winning championships and consistently getting kids to the highest level possible is enough promotion of the program...

There are a lot of Flight kids, but also kids from multiple other programs on this list as well.

So far, there's been a lot of complaining, but yet no one has mentioned names of other players that have been left off. Kaia Upton is the only name mentioned so far that has a legitimate complaint.

You don't think Tasia Jones from Westview deserves to be on this list?