Farragut VS Independence 5A State Title Game

SweetScience

29 straight wins is 29 straight wins.  There is no getting around that.  I think Indy will finish it off Friday with 30 straight and back to back titles.  You can tell that the work ethic and true team dynamic is there.

After Friday I will be interested to see what Indy's schedule looks like next year with the move to 6A.  But, I know got to take care of Friday first.

Congrats to Indy's TJ Sheffield on his verbal committment to University of Tennessee last night! It will be great to see Scurry and Sheffield both wearing Orange and White in two years!

RavenNation haven't heard from you in a while but yes we are still excited about our D1 athletes as they continue to work hard get more attention and looks from top Universities. It's too bad your WR's haven't generated much attention but I do think highly of #6.

DominateTheTrenches - you know it! We will finish strong here with laser focus on Farragut Friday night with another championship effort.  

When we move to 6A next year the rumor has it our first game will be against Oakland and we will have our work cut out for us right off the bat. Having two SEC receivers and a dominant RB should keep us very competitive and our OL will be even bigger next year to battle with the big boys! Indy's ready for whatever comes our way.

DominateTheTrenches - you know it! We will finish strong here with laser focus on Farragut Friday night with another championship effort.

When we move to 6A next year the rumor has it our first game will be against Oakland and we will have our work cut out for us right off the bat. Having two SEC receivers and a dominant RB should keep us very competitive and our OL will be even bigger next year to battle with the big boys! Indy's ready for whatever comes our way.

That back qb think he is a sophomore heard he could be a stud for Indy

Nice stat

Brandon Hines replaced Andrew Bunch at quarterback this season and has led an Independence offense that racks up 400.1 yards and 39.9 points a game. That's just slightly below last year's pace of 40.9 points and 467.1 yards a game.

Nice stat

Brandon Hines replaced Andrew Bunch at quarterback this season and has led an Independence offense that racks up 400.1 yards and 39.9 points a game. That's just slightly below last year's pace of 40.9 points and 467.1 yards a game.

It's a little strange seeing those numbers with Blade , him being known mainly as a great defensive Coach . With those numbers and a great defense , you probably end up in the State Championship game every time . 

Since nobody from Farragut is helping me out here I was able to pull some past information for comparison purposes. Some interesting facts here that should make the game more compelling - Coach Blade was 1-3 vs Farragut when he was the HC at Oak Ridge, Farragut has not been to a State Championship game as far as I can see in their 40 year history, this will be Indy's 3rd trip to the State Championship game winning once and losing once in it's 15 year history. This will be Coach Blade's 5th trip to a State Championship game (counting his time in CA) and he is 3-1. Who has the edge in this game based on these stats?

Since nobody from Farragut is helping me out here I was able to pull some past information for comparison purposes. Some interesting facts here that should make the game more compelling - Coach Blade was 1-3 vs Farragut when he was the HC at Oak Ridge, Farragut has not been to a State Championship game as far as I can see in their 40 year history, this will be Indy's 3rd trip to the State Championship game winning once and losing once in it's 15 year history. This will be Coach Blade's 5th trip to a State Championship game (counting his time in CA) and he is 3-1. Who has the edge in this game based on these stats?

Your numbers are correct according to the Farragut football website. You are also correct that Farragut has never been to a state championship game since beginning football in 1947. I don't know that these stats really play much into the outcome of the game this Friday since Blade is at Independence where the talent level is seemingly higher than when he was at Oak Ridge(at least the last couple of seasons). I hope Farragut can pull this game off. 

Ok AdmiralDude thanks for jumping in and confirming/commenting for Farragut. Both offenses should put up some scores but who's defense is better? Looking at the numbers Indy gave up 236 points during the season and Farragut gave up 283. Big advantage for Indy on pressuring the QB as Indy has 53 sacks to only 25 for Farragut. This will be a telling part of the game in my opinion. 

Ok AdmiralDude thanks for jumping in and confirming/commenting for Farragut. Both offenses should put up some scores but who's defense is better? Looking at the numbers Indy gave up 236 points during the season and Farragut gave up 283. Big advantage for Indy on pressuring the QB as Indy has 53 sacks to only 25 for Farragut. This will be a telling part of the game in my opinion. 

That's a great question. I haven't seen Independence play at all this year so the only basis I could go off of is team stats. Those stats seem to show that independence has the better of the two defenses, and like i said, that is all I can base my thoughts on. Offensively though, Farragut seems to have a slight edge if you are just looking at stats, according to mxPreps. You may be right, this game could come do to who has the better defense. I sure hope it is Farragut.