Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

Not disrespecting a pretty good Whitehave team, but I said early this year after watching the Kickoff Classic and a couple games that Oakland was going to be a tough tough team to beat, I think you can say that tonight's game was probably the championship game. Yes they still have to face a tough Whitehaven team, but I would bet that even the Red Rebels would say that Oakland is playing ball on another level at this point and time. Picking Oakland to win it by 3 scores or more 

Oakland by less than a TD. 2 very athletic teams with good defenses and run oriented offenses.. should be a good game in cookeville!

I can tell you that Maryville, believe it or not can run the ball fairly well against most teams. But tonight;s shutdown of the run game I think makes a a strong case that Whitehaven will not have a big dominating performance on the ground....they are going to have to try to dink and dunk and grind it out... I just don't think they are desgned for that 

Not disrespecting a pretty good Whitehave team, but I said early this year after watching the Kickoff Classic and a couple games that Oakland was going to be a tough tough team to beat, I think you can say that tonight's game was probably the championship game. Yes they still have to face a tough Whitehaven team, but I would bet that even the Red Rebels would say that Oakland is playing ball on another level at this point and time. Picking Oakland to win it by 3 scores or more 

Are you serious dude that's WhiteHaven  they play the best talent in the State mainly in Memphis not just 2 teams from the east side of the state. matter of fact I never even heard of Oakland. 3 scores remember that don't choke on your own words

Whitehaven will be much more athletic than Maryville. Maryville passed the ball very well against Oakland. Should have stayed with that more. Not the deep passes but the short passes. Turning point in the game was getting greedy with the double pass. That was turning point of game. Oakland is very predictable on offense. Certain offensive formation and certain play. Hate to say it but Whitehaven will beat Oakland.

Are you serious dude that's WhiteHaven  they play the best talent in the State mainly in Memphis not just 2 teams from the east side of the state. matter of fact I never even heard of Oakland. 3 scores remember that don't choke on your own words

1.) Oakland is not my team.. 2.)  ranked in the top 5 in the state year and year out, 3) oh yeah... 24 nationally Out scored their opponent nearly 700-65 this year... Held  Maryvile to minus 2 yards in the first total offense 1st qtr (and they were  running)...  2 first downs entire first half. ..... I wouldn't break my arm telling myself how good I am, and how Middle Tenn plays nobody...considering this side of the bracket had 8 out of 10 top 10 teams in the polls ... 3 score 17-21 pts 

Edited by Blaze45

Whitehaven will be much more athletic than Maryville. Maryville passed the ball very well against Oakland. Should have stayed with that more. Not the deep passes but the short passes. Turning point in the game was getting greedy with the double pass. That was turning point of game. Oakland is very predictable on offense. Certain offensive formation and certain play. Hate to say it but Whitehaven will beat Oakland.

We must have watched a different game. I saw a QB with very little time to throw the ball and WR's getting hit big everytime the ball was in the air. Also 3 interceptions which is more than Maryville had thrown In all of their other games combined. If Whitehaven comes out throwing the ball that is exactly what Oakland wants.

Just in case you were wondering, we can throw the football every down if necessary but since our run game is tops in the state and we have the best RB in the state why do anything else. We have plenty of height and speed at WR so don't be fooled...we know they have played and beat up on white station every year but they not us. We can match they size and power but speed we have the advantage.....don't give the title over just yet

Edited by coach10ac

We must have watched a different game. I saw a QB with very little time to throw the ball and WR's getting hit big everytime the ball was in the air. Also 3 interceptions which is more than Maryville had thrown In all of their other games combined. If Whitehaven comes out throwing the ball that is exactly what Oakland wants.

Only time will tell. That is why they play the game.