Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

Bottoms line is BA, MBA, and ensworth (Baylor or MUS occasionally) are the states best generally every year. There's no arguing that fact whether the public school fans want to go admit it or not. So until 2 of the power schools cleat up vs each other it's gonna stay that way.

He said it .... so it is so , it has been proclaimed by almighty , all knowing Zoneread !!

It's funny seeing Sparty on here beating his mighty D2 chest !! That mighty school of his that has the same number of students ... OR MORE than MBA , BA , Ensworth ... yet they play with those itty bitty guys ... LOL 

Bottoms line is BA, MBA, and ensworth (Baylor or MUS occasionally) are the states best generally every year. There's no arguing that fact whether the public school fans want to go admit it or not. So until 2 of the power schools cleat up vs each other it's gonna stay that way.

D2-AA schools are just wanna be top schools.

6A rules.

As soon as you realize this it will all be for the better. Stop fooling yourself. Whitehaven, Oakland, Maryville, Cordova, Franklin. The list goes on.

Supremely better. Far and away. Everyone knows it but you D2 folk. It so sad it's downright funny.

Edited by kwc

6A rules.

As soon as you realize this it will all be for the better. Stop fooling yourself. Whitehaven, Oakland, Maryville, Cordova, Franklin. The list goes on.

Supremely better. Far and away. Everyone knows it but you D2 folk. It so sad it's downright funny.

Hahahahaha Lol hahahaha lol hahahaha. Lord have mercy. Now I know you know nothing about Tennessee high school football. Poor guy.

Once again if D2 isn't the best then why is there a D2? That's right because the whiny 6A powers got tired of getting their lunch handed to them by BA every year.

If it wasn't for that there would be no separation of schools. But there are because privates were winning more than publics wanted.

I guess all the state ranking and mutual opponents and public schools dodging privates mean nothing. lol God bless you man.

6A rules.

Hahaha none of those schools you listed would beat either BA or MBA and probably not even Ensworth

He said it .... so it is so , it has been proclaimed by almighty , all knowing Zoneread !!

It's funny seeing Sparty on here beating his mighty D2 chest !! That mighty school of his that has the same number of students ... OR MORE than MBA , BA , Ensworth ... yet they play with those itty bitty guys ... LOL

I'm not beating any mighty chest. Lol. I'm stating the truth. Just like Maryville couldn't handle Oakland this year. It's how it would be against top D2 teams. Maryville has quarrels and would hang in there against most but athlete wise just couldn't hang. D2 has teams with multiple D1 players all over the field.

Once again if you're better than stop dodging and go play them. If you really think you're the best why wouldn't you want to play the best?

Webb plays were they are placed. Next year it's AA. Webb is not on the leve of BA MBA or Ensworth. Very few are.

Once again Oakland and Whithaven would give them good games but that's about it this year. Most years you can replace one of the above with Maryville.

Of course Maryville won't play a big D2 but they will play Webb. Who just doesn't have the depth to ever Really challenge a team as big and good as Maryville.

Edited by Spartan4Life

It's sad that we cannot settle these conversations on the field. Public schools are at the mercy of the TSSAA rules that count any loss against potential playoff seeding. That rule in itself stops a good amount of them from playing D2 teams and I don't blame them. The rule is ludicrous and should not be around. If it wasn't, I bet you would see more Public Vs Private games. Teams like BA, MBA, Ensworth, etc are negatively effected by this rule and therefore, they have to go out of state to play games. No one wants to travel to another state to play ever single non-region game. Plus, I've heard that they are having to pay $8,000 for TN teams to pay them. 8X4=32...so $32,000 a year?! That's crazy. One thing you have to keep in mind in regards to scheduling out of state opponents is "are they on the same realignment cycle as you?" If they are not, it's virtually impossible to schedule a game. I've heard that Alabama schools start a week later this year because they always begin the 1st Monday of August and it doesn't fall until August 7th. That has made Alabama teams scramble to find opponents that weeks match because their week 1 is our week 2. Back on Hoover, they have 2,770 students in their school. MBA has about 600, Ensworth 500 co-ed, and BA about the same. While those 3 teams are good, they would have a tough time against such a big school like that. Their 1's would stack up well but the depth piece would ultimately get them because their is a huge drop off between a big schools 1'2 and 2's and a small schools. That's just the truth. Nevertheless, I would love to see state-wide classics matching public and private powerhouses together with the revenue from the gate going to charity or disaster reliefs such as in Gatlinburg. Play them at UT, Vandy, MTSU, wherever an you'd attract people from miles and miles. This is a great state for football with unbelievable fans. 

It's sad that we cannot settle these conversations on the field. Public schools are at the mercy of the TSSAA rules that count any loss against potential playoff seeding. That rule in itself stops a good amount of them from playing D2 teams and I don't blame them. The rule is ludicrous and should not be around. If it wasn't, I bet you would see more Public Vs Private games. Teams like BA, MBA, Ensworth, etc are negatively effected by this rule and therefore, they have to go out of state to play games. No one wants to travel to another state to play ever single non-region game. Plus, I've heard that they are having to pay $8,000 for TN teams to pay them. 8X4=32...so $32,000 a year?! That's crazy. One thing you have to keep in mind in regards to scheduling out of state opponents is "are they on the same realignment cycle as you?" If they are not, it's virtually impossible to schedule a game. I've heard that Alabama schools start a week later this year because they always begin the 1st Monday of August and it doesn't fall until August 7th. That has made Alabama teams scramble to find opponents that weeks match because their week 1 is our week 2. Back on Hoover, they have 2,770 students in their school. MBA has about 600, Ensworth 500 co-ed, and BA about the same. While those 3 teams are good, they would have a tough time against such a big school like that. Their 1's would stack up well but the depth piece would ultimately get them because their is a huge drop off between a big schools 1'2 and 2's and a small schools. That's just the truth. Nevertheless, I would love to see state-wide classics matching public and private powerhouses together with the revenue from the gate going to charity or disaster reliefs such as in Gatlinburg. Play them at UT, Vandy, MTSU, wherever an you'd attract people from miles and miles. This is a great state for football with unbelievable fans.

You make many valid points good analysis. The depth thing is one people do not understand that aren't around many D2AA programs