Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

Welp we gott 8 starturs baick on O...Evuree startur baick in tha passin' gaim....Need a cupple Olinemuns two come on...And 6 onn D.....Reeplacin' TD, Matt, Jordan weal bee key....And we haiv sum vurry goodur frashmuns 5 orr 6 hoo played and startid sum bawl gaimes this yeer and yungsturs comin' intwo tha "Program".....Cain we putt annuthur Gold Bawl inn tha case necks yeer...???...............Enqwurin' minds won't two kno..... :popcorneater:

Welp we gott 8 starturs baick on O...Evuree startur baick in tha passin' gaim....Need a cupple Olinemuns two come on...And 6 onn D.....Reeplacin' TD, Matt, Jordan weal bee key....And we haiv sum vurry goodur frashmuns 5 orr 6 hoo played and startid sum bawl gaimes this yeer and yungsturs comin' intwo tha "Program".....Cain we putt annuthur Gold Bawl inn tha case necks yeer...???...............Enqwurin' minds won't two kno..... :popcorneater:

To me , and I know some may argue this , but Kelby Brock was the Greatest Receiver Maryville has ever had ... I'll be very careful how I say this cause I don't want to hurt any Itty Bitty Feeling of our Haters out there , but not having Kelby at 100% last year really hurt us and I think we REALLY missed him this year . Kelby had great Length and caught anything that came in his direction . He won those 1 on 1 battles last year every time , including against Oaklands best DB's .  We've got several very talented young Receivers this year and next but the QB has a lot less room for error with smaller receivers . Hopefully our young guys will be able to all improve and make our Passing game a lot more dynamic next year by committee . 

Now , this leads me to losing another , in my eyes , greatest player of all time at his position , TD Blackmon . Yes , I'm excited about all the young Studs , but replacing TD Blackmon is gonna be virtually impossible . We will have to become better overall at every position to replace what TD Blackmon brought . If 6 of the front 7 on defense are better next year than this year , our Defense can probably be even better , but if those 6 out of 7 are about the same as this year , we're in trouble . JMO 

One thing I don't understand is why Maryville doesn't spread the field more they always have 3 wr and 2 backs in backfield to block. I feel they'd be more effective against the biggger fronts and dbs by spreading the field more with 4 and 5 wr sets. It kinda restricts your passing game when you only have 3 routes vs 7-8 in coverage but they have been successful with it so idk

One thing I don't understand is why Maryville doesn't spread the field more they always have 3 wr and 2 backs in backfield to block. I feel they'd be more effective against the biggger fronts and dbs by spreading the field more with 4 and 5 wr sets. It kinda restricts your passing game when you only have 3 routes vs 7-8 in coverage but they have been successful with it so idk

om1967...Eye thawt tha 5 wides werked well laist nite.....WHEN'st thay used hit.... :popcorneater:

Some would beg to differ. We had a big ol' 330 pounder this year.

True....but not enough of them. To play to the end in 6A it benefits the team to have the beef on both sides of the line. Maryville typically gets dominated in the LOS come round 4 and the state game when they make it. The O has to scheme around the onslaught of rushers and and being outweighed in the D-line. Last night....I do not remember a pass play without D-lineman in the backfield chasing the QB.