Griders 2017 Pirates

Roy Dillard

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You beat me to it.Season starts after the Jamborees until then the foolishness prepares us for the real stuff.As I always say good luck to the OTHER Orange and Black team!I am hoping for a rematch at some point,love it when our two schools square off.Hoping for an injury free season for all teams.

Yep these two orange and blacks go way back. I recall our first  trip up to play you guys I don't remember the exact year but I was amazed at how the oranges were identical. 

Last year's playoff matchup started out great ...our small back was hitting that hole quick up the middle ( Coalfield coaches had traveled down and  were in the end zone cheering him on ,  One of them remarked if he keeps hitting that hole that quick, South Pittsburg will win this) but then your coach shut that down completely in the second half.  The rest is history...your corn fed linemen  took over the game  

2 hours ago, PiratePrideChamp said:

I like keeping up with you guys too. Respect the program a ton!! As for your comment about the season not starting until the jamboree, that's not how it works. Maybe on coacht, but SP has had numerous 7 on 7 and scrimmages as well there have been many topics that could have been discussed football wise. Good luck to you guys though!! Like I said great program and fans as well!!

I'm not a 7 on 7 fan.Scrimmages are football yes but its still not the same as the first week of the season.We all come out of our holes then.Look forward bantering with you again PPC!

36 minutes ago, pegleg said:

Yep these two orange and blacks go way back. I recall our first  trip up to play you guys I don't remember the exact year but I was amazed at how the oranges were identical. 

Last year's playoff matchup started out great ...our small back was hitting that hole quick up the middle ( Coalfield coaches had traveled down and  were in the end zone cheering him on ,  One of them remarked if he keeps hitting that hole that quick, South Pittsburg will win this) but then your coach shut that down completely in the second half.  The rest is history...your corn fed linemen  took over the game  

I thought the same thing!Then one of the coaches came over to me at half and said "I told them it would take a little while to get used to their speed" he was right and they bent but didn't break,as you said the rest is the past.Although that little feller was FAST!I personally liked the idea of the CHS coaches going that far to see us lose.Then driving back disheartened!LOL!

SPA used both speed and power running to best Jasper Middle Warriors  46 20. My question is at what point do you stop being a  Jasper Warrior and become a Marion Warrior ?  Why does Jasper  get sole use of Marion County facilities since they are Jasper. 

Edited by pegleg

1 hour ago, pegleg said:

SPA used both speed and power running to best Jasper Middle Warriors  46 20. My question is at what point do you stop being a  Jasper Warrior and become a Marion Warrior ?  Why does Jasper  get sole use of Marion County facilities since they are Jasper. 

Congrats to the grasshoppers on what sounds like a good win. 

31 minutes ago, Astimeexpires01 said:

PP, Did Jasper have any additional players out? I know last week the starting QB got hurt, my nephew filled in and got hurt as well.. If they were both out, I would imagine the game being a little closer. Was that the case?

There were a few out but the qb played. Had a bad wheel but he's fine. I don't know if it would have been any closer or not. One thing I do know is the HS coaches are excited about the linemen that are coming over next year. We will have a lot of big kids and couple that with the freshman class right now it's gonna be good times in a couple years. You can't go by these middle school games for high school. A lot changes. Kids don't play, kids get better and stronger and coaching goes up a notch. I love our middle school coaches but Coach Mathis and company are able to get a little more out of them. When this freshman class are juniors and seniors they have a very good shot of winning it all.

43 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

There were a few out but the qb played. Had a bad wheel but he's fine. I don't know if it would have been any closer or not. One thing I do know is the HS coaches are excited about the linemen that are coming over next year. We will have a lot of big kids and couple that with the freshman class right now it's gonna be good times in a couple years. You can't go by these middle school games for high school. A lot changes. Kids don't play, kids get better and stronger and coaching goes up a notch. I love our middle school coaches but Coach Mathis and company are able to get a little more out of them. When this freshman class are juniors and seniors they have a very good shot of winning it all.

Very well said, I couldn't agree more!