Ram Train 2017 that McKamey mans team

Roy Dillard

You are wrong Raven. Coaches fail at some things and in some situations, but players have to want it and go get it. Can you honestly say the kids as a whole where physically and mentally tougher from 2015 to 2016 than 2012 to 2014?

Really? What I saw the last few years was less talent overall and a too many kids just happy to play vs willing to do anything to win. We also had a few horribly selfish prima donna players and daddys over the last few years that made chemistry next to impossible for a team to establish. That is mental softness and it killed us.

I wont offer an opinion either way on if Coach McKameys time was up. People just need to look at that campus change in facilities since 2010 to 2016 and shake his hand and say thanks. We owe you a lot coach.

Period end of era!

Moving on to the next stage while appreciating the last. Negativity now is just beneath our standard. I hope the next coach can get the school to state title. But more than anything I appreciate what McKamey and Brewster and staff did for my son. Who just wrapped up a 4 year college career.

We owe GCA and McKamey way more than they owe us.

I'll say this and I won't disparriage the man. He was a great x and o coach. I'm not sure his strength was motivating the kids. I disagreed with a lot of the things he did. Example kicking inside kids when we were clearly and comfortably ahead. There were some positions I didn't think the right kid was playing that spot. I know from experience how losing playing time to a transfer can really upset the Apple cart. Heck I temporarily lost playing time myself until I proved my lack of size wasn't holding me back. This team did need some leadership in the ranks as far as a vocal player goes and I hope next year there is one. Clintons program will have more success I guarantee that. He's a smart mind when it comes to scoring points. There's plenty more to discuss but it's not for on here. I'm just interested to see who's getting the keys to this car! I have one in mind who id like to see.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way as far as kids being mentally and physically tougher as a generation I think kids are growing up softer than ever before in some cases. However I coach some of these kids in wrestling and have known others since elementary schools there are still some gooduns in the bunch!

Pudding!Soft as pudding!I agree.LOL.They are a few tough ones.That Silvey kid we had was OLD SCHOOL TOUGH! Edited by orngnblk

And by the way as far as kids being mentally and physically tougher as a generation I think kids are growing up softer than ever before in some cases. However I coach some of these kids in wrestling and have known others since elementary schools there are still some gooduns in the bunch!

Oh yea this years group had some old school toigh guys Sorrells comes to mind. You could win a lot with 11 like him