Next Saturday in Cookeville

BoardHater71

Good Lord , 1 Maryville fan said something not all Maryville fans . I have no problem with it , but we've been told for many many years we ( Fans ) were not allowed on the field at the State Championship . I've personally been to Every Maryville State Championship win except for the 1970 and 1964 (AP) and other than the 2 Teams I was on I was always told we ( fans) couldn't be on the Field . I understand when there are more games to play , but it's ridiculous when it's the last Game !

Pep between me and you we've never heard that. ..and this is really not an insult towards you just these other clowns thats fishing for antyping negative to say about us...no one was disrespectful they were just yelling and screaming..heck my old self without even thinkin leaped from the bleaches and ran on the field because this was a feeling we've never had...the players did shake hands and give congrats to maryville even as I did...this was no disrespect to anyone man...it was the last game so people bein on the field shouldn't even matter!!! We already have 2 fan buses, and a host of others including myself that will be driving up. So whoever wants to question our fan base should come to this game....lol...we know it's the ones that not gone be there or had no chance what so ever that's doin all the talk...

Edited by coach10ac

You don't know football... I'll hung up and listen

hang* and what I do know is that rushing attack won't be working against oakland. "Special K" or whatever you call him is gonna be shut down by oakland's huge defense. Whitehaven really has played nobody nearly as good as Oakland and their schedule has been much weaker than Oakland's's. All that being said I think its a 21-7 win for Oakland

Edited by zoneread56

hang* and what I do know is that rushing attack won't be working against oakland. "Special K" or whatever you call him is gonna be shut down by oakland's huge defense. Whitehaven really has played nobody nearly as good as Oakland and their schedule has been much weaker than Oakland's's. All that being said I think its a 21-7 win for Oakland

Duly noted. You think Oakland wins 21-7. 

However, we don't agree. Whitehaven wins this game.

what the maryville guys are saying is that whitehaven and generally all memphis teams do not know how to win with class. Storming the field at a home game or a normal regular season or playoof game is completely different than doing it in the state championship with players, media, statewide tv there, and the whole trophy presentation to happen. Idk why they felt the need to rush the field rather than act normal and civilized and rush the field. It made whitehaven and memphis look terrible

No you need to look at this from Whitehavens fans perspective -

It's OT and they win game on last play

It's David vs Goliath aka Maryville and its 43 game win streak

I have no problem with them rushing field for those 2 reasons

*** Now if they do it Saturday with a traditional win ( no OT or Hail Mary etc ) it's different story

***** props to thier coach for given props to God to start interviewv

No you need to look at this from Whitehavens fans perspective -

It's OT and they win game on last play

It's David vs Goliath aka Maryville and its 43 game win streak

I have no problem with them rushing field for those 2 reasons

*** Now if they do it Saturday with a traditional win ( no OT or Hail Mary etc ) it's different story

***** props to thier coach for given props to God to start interviewv

The same thing happened last year during the BA game and the year before in the Ravenwood and Maryville game when it came down to last play and none of those teams stormed the field. It is inexcusable to storm the field during state championship game. Now I do agree you should be allowed on the field after the trophy presentation but not storming the field

The same thing happened last year during the BA game and the year before in the Ravenwood and Maryville game when it came down to last play and none of those teams stormed the field. It is inexcusable to storm the field during state championship game. Now I do agree you should be allowed on the field after the trophy presentation but not storming the field

Lol. What a joke.