District 6AAA

UCBaller

I agree with 85warrior. The season is still very young. It's not how you start it's how you finish. That's when the cream rises to the top! 6AAA is loaded with talent. It's going to come down to how well that talent gels on each team. I would love to hear how some of this talent is developing in other parts of the district.

Stone Memorial Lady Panthers are young and believe in their Coach Mike Buck. Expect them to survive and advance in post season. Bradley has been beating everyone to death, holding opponents in very low scoring.  This will be the battle of this region.  Whoever  wins and gets the home sectional  game will go to the "Boro.

Get ready to play family-fued at Cumberland County High School. Those who follow the Lady Jets know what I'm talking about.

Totally agree with the others, Stone has played only one ranked team and took overtime to beat them, Cumberland County has a stacked schedule with five ranked teams in six games. Way too early to be crowning a champion. This district is way to competitive to declare a champion at this stage. White County and Cookeville are also taking care of business. Enjoy your early success but long way to go.

Totally agree with the others, Stone has played only one ranked team and took overtime to beat them, Cumberland County has a stacked schedule with five ranked teams in six games. Way too early to be crowning a champion. This district is way to competitive to declare a champion at this stage. White County and Cookeville are also taking care of business. Enjoy your early success but long way to go.

No doubt Cumberland Co. has played a harder schedule so far this year than SMHS. Cumb has played well and both games they've lost were to top level teams. Cumberland is still the favorite to win the district and it will be considered an upset if they get beat in district play. However, I do think Cookeville, Stone and White can all give Cumberland some trouble. I don't think anybody from Stone is trying to crown them as the District Champions. They got a long way to go & lots of improvements to make. They will be tested over the next 7 days @ Pickett Co, @ Bradley Central & then back @ home against Pickett Co. We will know a lot more about Stone a week from today. Regardless of how the next 3 games go, SMHS is improving steadily everyday and will be a much better team come February than they are right now. Good Luck to all 6AAA teams in their games this week.

Welcome to coacht. I think a home court typically is good for 6-8 points. Just my opinion.

Interesting. I wonder which home court is considered to be the toughest place to play? For me its Bradley Central, always felt you are down a good 10 points and given a couple of fouls for just getting off the bus! And as for that floor....

Opinions???

Interesting. I wonder which home court is considered to be the toughest place to play? For me its Bradley Central, always felt you are down a good 10 points and given a couple of fouls for just getting off the bus! And as for that floor....

Opinions???

I would say White Co has the best home court advantage in 6AAA. They generally have more student & general local support than the other schools. Especially during district games. However, Most single A gyms in the Upper Cumberland are tough road games for AAA schools, because their gyms are small & hot, the fans are right on top of the floor & you usually get 110% effort & energy from their players, coaches and fans.

Stone Memorial almost pulled off the upset at Bradley Central tonight. Lost 46-48. Bradley's best player #23-(Howard) hit a turn around 12 ft. jumper at the buzzer. The Lady Panthers are heading in the right direction.

Way to go Lady Panthers! They are going to be fun to watch for the next few years. Anticipating the matchup with the Lady Jets.