W E.B Dubois

warmachine7954

I thought Conrad was somewhere else either last year or the year before i know he didnt play last year. But he will average nearly 30 pts a game for that team so thats a huge boost. The scores will be ran up the coaches are young, the kids haven't won before give them time and they will ease up on lesser opponents. So technically no one can pout about the transfer rules bc they sat a few kids last year if im not mistaken.

Conrad started out at Tennessee Prep Academy but left and joined Wooten Mitchell and White at Dubois and yes they all played Manassas the year before but they all followed the rules and set out a year before they played at Dubois the other three became eligible during Feb of last year and Conrad became eligible this season to me at his size with his shooting stroke he can score 30 at any given time

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it matter, teams load up all across the state each year, so now you mad because they in Single A and none of these teams have a chance against them now.

I don't think he ment it that way he was just saying they only won like 3 games last year and now they are the best Single A team in the state but all was done right the kids set out their required time it was not like some of the shadyness I've seen here before

Ill have to see him play. Haven't heard much about him outside of Leroy Watson. Leroy seem's to love the gems. How is he compared to Ollison from mitchell?

He is Taller then Ollison in the 6-4 6-5 range Ollison is the better athlete but Conrad is a pure knockdown shooter he not a good of slasher as Tevin is Edited by mcon6983

I haven't followed boys high school basketball like I follow football, but here lately I have been in this forum reading commentary and gaining a little knowledge. Dubois winning the MLK Tournament speaks volumes. They had to beat a VERY good Houston team right out of the gate. Then to beat a good/above average Maplewood team to win the tournament. This early in the season and they have already accumulated seven wins on the season. Also, those MLK Tournament victories over Houston and Maplewood were 1 point victories. Pulling out close ones really build confidence ... especially against good competition. Another note ... their lowest point total came against Maplewood. They ONLY scored 86 points in that game. Through seven (7) they are averaging 103 points per game. They put 90 on Houston in that win, handing them their lone loss of this early 2016-2017 season.

I'll be keeping my eyes on Dubois. 

Well you better not count Mitchell and BTW still two talented team.

No disrespect to Mitchell because they are the state champs and no disrespect to BTW either because of what they have done, but WEB Dubois is 15pts better than both of them teams. I'm just interested in seeing what is he going to do when he can't press, because you can't press every team.

Just curious of their defense also. Im assuming they are a run and gun team by their point totals who can also shoot the three well. Im curious of their D bc they beat houston 90-89. Houston is not an offensive team that should score over 70 on a team with any defensive focus, their guard play isn't special and they dont shoot it well(houston). I recently watched them score 43 in a win against CBHS and that was with cbhs missing their best player on both sides of the ball. Granted Houston may have held the ball a little to avoid a comeback but that team doesnt shoot it well at all and i see why they dont live up to expectations yearly. But on the other hand since im speaking of Houston, Bruce guy is a baller. At first i was wondering why he was handling the ball as much as he did but i shortly noticed that the pg tag wasn't a fluke. He cant shoot at all outside of the 15 ft area which i attribute to form bc his release is so awkward but he's big/strong and gets to the rack easily. 

From what I've seen between GBC and the SCS Jamboree. Single is pretty weak. In my opinion the whole city is down from last year.

Before anyone jumps my case I know there are good players in the area. Jalen Crutcher is good (signed with UT Chatt) the kid at Kirby (can never remember his name) is good, White Station has a few solid players, we have a UT Chatt signee in Demarcus Mitchell, Luke Wiseman is solid. The list of players goes on.

What I'm talking about is good teams. One good guy makes a team good but 4,5,6,7 guys that are decent players that are unselfish and play hard (Bartlett is a good example) then you've got something. I think Dubois has this. I think they've got some good players but I think they've bought into what the coach wants them to do and it is showing.

Legal or not, it sounds like everything was done right though, and barring injuries W.E.B Dubois could win AA and I think they could probably go deep in AAA come March.

Just curious of their defense also. Im assuming they are a run and gun team by their point totals who can also shoot the three well. Im curious of their D bc they beat houston 90-89. Houston is not an offensive team that should score over 70 on a team with any defensive focus, their guard play isn't special and they dont shoot it well(houston). I recently watched them score 43 in a win against CBHS and that was with cbhs missing their best player on both sides of the ball. Granted Houston may have held the ball a little to avoid a comeback but that team doesnt shoot it well at all and i see why they dont live up to expectations yearly. But on the other hand since im speaking of Houston, Bruce guy is a baller. At first i was wondering why he was handling the ball as much as he did but i shortly noticed that the pg tag wasn't a fluke. He cant shoot at all outside of the 15 ft area which i attribute to form bc his release is so awkward but he's big/strong and gets to the rack easily.

Question who is the better player Boyce or Guy

Question who is the better player Boyce or Guy

I'd say Guy. At this point right now today, Ryan doesn't really have guard skills just yet he knocks down the same 15 ft and in jumpshots, he has a nice stroke but he doesn't create a shot just yet. I saw Bruce just about attack and create his own shot just about every bucket the other night while boy was simply spotting up. Albeit Guy had a pretty unathletic kid guarding him most of the game that he was able to blow by but he will draw that most games bc he perceived as their big man. I was impressed by Guy overall, I dont think he wouldve scored much had douglas been playing but that doesnt matter i think he's solid.