Wayne County 2017

wildcat89

Well I been thinking about this a lot today so decided to post about next years team. It's going to be like the start of a new era. Since the 2007 season WC has only played one year without a Rice at qb and I have been privileged to have a son on the team for every one of those years. It's been a great ride watching these boys play and has meant a lot for WC football to have them be a part along with Coach Rice. The good thing about it is the standards that have been set and every kid that comes along will know what it takes to win and what the expectations are at WC. WC will be returning several great backs in Davis, Prince, Harris, Ray and Nutt along with some of this years freshman that are going to be good ones. Risner will take over at qb and has been really impressive running the offense in jv games and the second half of most our games this year, he will come in very confident at the position as a junior. Up front WC will return starters in Bratcher, Jones and Mathis along with Byrd, Wilson, Hill and Moore that have gotten much playing time this year and will be ready next year. All will be Juniors except Jones who will be a senior. WC offensive and defensive tackles will average about 280 next year which is always a plus. I look for Ray and Moore to start at defensive ends unless Ray gets moved to outside backer. I'm really looking forward to next year already! WC will be back and ready to chalkenge the rest of region 6 for that first place spot!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new region 6:

Collinwood High School (Collinwood, TN)

Hollow Rock-Bruceton Central High School (Bruceton, TN)

Huntingdon High School (Huntingdon, TN)

McEwen High School (McEwen, TN)

Middleton High School (Middleton, TN)

Perry Co. High School (Linden, TN)

Wayne Co. High School (Waynesboro, TN)

WC will have 4 non-region games(had 3 last two years). I say Mt. Pleasant and Scotts Hill will be back on the sceduale. It would be nice to get Lewis Co or Cascade back on there.

The new region 6:

Collinwood High School (Collinwood, TN)

Hollow Rock-Bruceton Central High School (Bruceton, TN)

Huntingdon High School (Huntingdon, TN)

McEwen High School (McEwen, TN)

Middleton High School (Middleton, TN)

Perry Co. High School (Linden, TN)

Wayne Co. High School (Waynesboro, TN)

WC will have 4 non-region games(had 3 last two years). I say Mt. Pleasant and Scotts Hill will be back on the sceduale. It would be nice to get Lewis Co or Cascade back on there.

Here is the schedule I saw:

8/18 - @ Loretto

8/25 - Summertown

9/01 - @ Middleton

9/08 - Decatur Co./Riverside

9/15 - Bye

9/22 - @ Mt. Pleasant

9/29 - Bruceton

10/6 - @ Huntingdon

10/13 - McEwen

10/20 - @ Perry Co.

10/27 - Collinwood

Here is the schedule I saw:

8/18 - @ Loretto

8/25 - Summertown

9/01 - @ Middleton

9/08 - Decatur Co./Riverside

9/15 - Bye

9/22 - @ Mt. Pleasant

9/29 - Bruceton

10/6 - @ Huntingdon

10/13 - McEwen

10/20 - @ Perry Co.

10/27 - Collinwood

Coach Rice tried to schedule Lewis Co., but they didn't want to play once again. Maybe when Sharp retires we'll be able to restart the rivalry. I was hoping Scotts Hill would be on the schedule too.  Don't know if that was looked at or not.

I'm happy that several of our local rivals are on the schedule. The Summertown game will be a huge deal.

I also heard that Collinwood picked up the same 3 teams: MtP, Loretto, Summertown.

I think it's a good-lookin schedule for us too. I'm surprised Coach Rice pulled it off.  

Edited by 1RT

I think WC will be fine next year.  Our schedule looks good, and we match up with the new Region 5 well (Fayetteville, Huntland, Moore Co., Cornersville, MtP, Richland, Franklin Grace).  I think Huntingdon should be the favorite, especially with us traveling to Huntingdon again.  I believe we'll be the main challenger in the region, and wouldn't be surprised if we won it all again, but I do think Collinwood will play us tough too.

WC-Huntingdon fans have talked about a 3rd round rematch for the last couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it finally happen in 2017 and 2018. No offence to our old Middle TN rivals, but I'm confident we can go into those places and win because we've done it plenty of times in the past.

Edited by 1RT