9/08 - Decatur Co./Riverside

9/15 - Bye

9/22 - @ Mt. Pleasant

9/29 - Bruceton

10/6 - @ Huntingdon

10/13 - McEwen

10/20 - @ Perry Co.

10/27 - Collinwood

I like it, I'm surprised Scotts Hill isn't on there. I thought it was a done deal, I wonder what happened? I'd also like to know what the deal is with Lewis Co....? It seems 1A is getting weaker every realignment.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, I'm surprised Scotts Hill isn't on there. I thought it was a done deal, I wonder what happened? I'd also like to know what the deal is with Lewis Co....? It seems 1A is getting weaker every realignment.

Rice must have had some schedule issues...early, he couldn't make it work at all, then he called back with week 6 open, after we had week 6 locked in. I'm bummed.

By the way, congratulations to P. Rice on Mr. Football...well deserved!!!

Edited by tradertwo

After the 2009 season coach Sharp said he wasn't playing WC anymore, said he had to play the smaller schools that he could beat year in and year out

Rice must have had some schedule issues...early, he couldn't make it work at all, then he called back with week 6 open, after we had week 6 locked in. I'm bummed.

By the way, congratulations to P. Rice on Mr. Football...well deserved!!!

I'd guess he was blindsided by Loretto and Summertown being willing to play us out-of-region, and was scrambling to make it happen.

Well I been thinking about this a lot today so decided to post about next years team. It's going to be like the start of a new era. Since the 2007 season WC has only played one year without a Rice at qb and I have been privileged to have a son on the team for every one of those years. It's been a great ride watching these boys play and has meant a lot for WC football to have them be a part along with Coach Rice. The good thing about it is the standards that have been set and every kid that comes along will know what it takes to win and what the expectations are at WC. WC will be returning several great backs in Davis, Prince, Harris, Ray and Nutt along with some of this years freshman that are going to be good ones. Risner will take over at qb and has been really impressive running the offense in jv games and the second half of most our games this year, he will come in very confident at the position as a junior. Up front WC will return starters in Bratcher, Jones and Mathis along with Byrd, Wilson, Hill and Moore that have gotten much playing time this year and will be ready next year. All will be Juniors except Jones who will be a senior. WC offensive and defensive tackles will average about 280 next year which is always a plus. I look for Ray and Moore to start at defensive ends unless Ray gets moved to outside backer. I'm really looking forward to next year already! WC will be back and ready to chalkenge the rest of region 6 for that first place spot!

Will Rice be back next season?

Here is the schedule I saw:

8/18 - @ Loretto

8/25 - Summertown

9/01 - @ Middleton

9/08 - Decatur Co./Riverside

9/15 - Bye

9/22 - @ Mt. Pleasant

9/29 - Bruceton

10/6 - @ Huntingdon

10/13 - McEwen

10/20 - @ Perry Co.

10/27 - Collinwood

Good to see MtP and WC playing... i guess they are not afraid to play lol. Does WC have another Mr. Football caliber player in 2017? JV teams played pretty close last season but we may still be a season away, only time will tell. Go Tigers