Wayne County 2017

wildcat89

I know it's early but I'm really liking the team chemistry with this bunch. I think people counting them out because of our losses to graduation is a drive for them. Very unselfish bunch that will let others know if they are not pulling their weight in workouts. The stars could align!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's early but I'm really liking the team chemistry with this bunch. I think people counting them out because of our losses to graduation is a drive for them. Very unselfish bunch that will let others know if they are not pulling their weight in workouts. The stars could align!

Hey it's not out of the question. 1A lost a few teams off the top that would prob push Wayne Co down

yes, other teams lost a lot

• 3 weeks later...

Y'all notice we at the bottom of top 10 in class a but we might be middle of pack if we were in class 2a. Hopefully we can field a team and beat Collinwood.

The less WC is noticed the better I like it but after the run WC been on the last several years there's a bug bullseye on them by every team on the schedule. I don't think WC will be as explosive and will have a little different look but going to be a contender once again

• 2 weeks later...

work hard and stay healthy..opener with Loretta wll be soon

WC has been blessed with teams that put in countless hours on their own in the weight room without any influence except for the seniors that passed it down to them. I know there's teams that work really hard all over the state but I'll bet there's not a team in the state that will do any more work than these boys.

Risner at quarterback reminds me of the year Austin Rice was quarterback. Owen is not quite as filled out as Austin was but is by far a better passer. Anyway, Austins senior year was the year the cats took home the good ball. Risner is a very good athlete. His sister, Kelsey was a standout in basketball as her team won a state championship her junior year. She went onto have a great career at Union University.