Wayne County 2017

wildcat89

It looks like we did pretty good at the Titans 7-on-7 today.  I saw we beat 3A Stratford 22-12 and lost to 5A Independence 20-9. Did we play any other games?

Indy and Stratford are both in the preseason rankings in their classifications, so we may still be able to throw the ball a little...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 1RT said:

It looks like we did pretty good at the Titans 7-on-7 today.  I saw we beat 3A Stratford 22-12 and lost to 5A Independence 20-9. Did we play any other games?

Indy and Stratford are both in the preseason rankings in their classifications, so we may still be able to throw the ball a little...

WC will still have a good passing game I just don't think it will be used as much, the run game will be very strong in my opinion with a very talented backfield. Davis, Harris, Nutt, Prince, P. Ray and Swinea to name a few and I know there's some I didn't name and I think WC will be strong up front as well. Risner has proven himself that he can read the defense as good as anybody and will do a great job under center. I can't wait!

16 hours ago, 1RT said:

Overall a pretty good day. We were the only single a school there with no 2a as well. Went 3-2 on the day beating Stratford, Clarksville NW, Fort Campbell, KY. Got beat by Independence (did lead 9-0) and got hosed by Oakland. All the schools were running pretty much offensive and defensive players where we had ours going pretty much both ways. Just ran out of gas against Independence. 

Running the ball should be our strong suit this year, but we will air it out when we need to. I don't think the offense changes that much from last year from what I'm seeing so far. 

6 hours ago, Rings said:

Overall a pretty good day. We were the only single a school there with no 2a as well. Went 3-2 on the day beating Stratford, Clarksville NW, Fort Campbell, KY. Got beat by Independence (did lead 9-0) and got hosed by Oakland. All the schools were running pretty much offensive and defensive players where we had ours going pretty much both ways. Just ran out of gas against Independence. 

Running the ball should be our strong suit this year, but we will air it out when we need to. I don't think the offense changes that much from last year from what I'm seeing so far. 

That's good news!

16 minutes ago, 1RT said:

That's good news!

Risner may be the secret weapon of the team. He has been very impressive throwing the ball and is getter better and gaining more confidence everyday. He's always made pretty good decisions on and off the field. Very well respected by teammates and coaches. Some would argue he runs the option better than Preston, but no doubt lacks the arm strength. Just a true competitor and very good student of the game. Prolly hard to believe, but I really don't think we miss a beat at quarterback this year despite losing Mr. Football. Especially with this group of lineman protecting him. 

8 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Didn't get to watch 7 on 7, was watching the lineman challenge but to the best of my knowledge they done good making it to the final matchup with South Pitt and the wheels came off and lost by 1 but overall a good showing

Good. How did the linemen do in the challenge? Has there been any word about real scrimmages in the next couple of weeks?

1 hour ago, 1RT said:

Good. How did the linemen do in the challenge? Has there been any word about real scrimmages in the next couple of weeks?

They got another 7 on 7 Thursday morning against Hardin County and Riverside, the first scrimmage is next week in Waverly against Waverly and Union City, not sure of who else WC will be scrimmaging this year. Looked good in the lineman challenge in the one on one drills and won the tug of war against SP