Hampton 2017

uknoit2

As I stated in another post, we have some big shoes to fill.

--Taylor and Andersen should make big impacts this season...Both are very strong with good speed.

--I like the Potter kid when looking at backs to help fill the loss of McClain & Sanchez.

(there is another JV back that runs strong but can't remember his name right now)

--Hughes (freshman) looked good at Lbr toward the end of the year.

--Deaton, Buckles, Hardin, Jones, Chambers, Oaks and a couple others should also be key players this year and will be IF they work their tails off! They should help shore up the secondary and receiving

--Davenport should be unstoppable this season...Mind blowing speed

--QB has a year under his belt and looked at home the last few games...Should be one of the best in the state next year.

The greatest concern is linemen IMO.

--We return Breland at center and CJ Wilson...I think these two must lead by example of hard work, sacrifice, respect and discipline to build the O & D lines we will need for the athletes we have....It's was evident in the end that the 2017 starting linemen need to get busy now and start building explosive strength & speed that's lacking.

I told these young men the other day just how good things were lined up for them next season...But we get nowhere with "talkers"....The off-season programs are in place right now, giving every young man the opportunity to exceed expectations...We shall see who the workers are and who the talkers are.

As I stated in another post, we have some big shoes to fill.

--Taylor and Andersen should make big impacts this season...Both are very strong with good speed.

--I like the Potter kid when looking at backs to help fill the loss of McClain & Sanchez.

(there is another JV back that runs strong but can't remember his name right now)

--Hughes (freshman) looked good at Lbr toward the end of the year.

--Deaton, Buckles, Hardin, Jones, Chambers, Oaks and a couple others should also be key players this year and will be IF they work their tails off! They should help shore up the secondary and receiving

--Davenport should be unstoppable this season...Mind blowing speed

--QB has a year under his belt and looked at home the last few games...Should be one of the best in the state next year.

The greatest concern is linemen IMO.

--We return Breland at center and CJ Wilson...I think these two must lead by example of hard work, sacrifice, respect and discipline to build the O & D lines we will need for the athletes we have....It's was evident in the end that the 2017 starting linemen need to get busy now and start building explosive strength & speed that's lacking.

I told these young men the other day just how good things were lined up for them next season...But we get nowhere with "talkers"....The off-season programs are in place right now, giving every young man the opportunity to exceed expectations...We shall see who the workers are and who the talkers are.

If they will not Work, neither shall they win.

A few....But Some are playing (setting the bench) that need to be working for next FB season IMO

I think you work year around regardless, you can always modify things. The human body is really good at adjusting . Plenty of programs work year around and it don,t matter how many sports the kids play. I,m not sure many will agree with me but how in the heck can a kid reach potential if he plays 2 0r 3 sports and does nothing In season.

Goes beyond High school sports ,its a life thing.

Coach can only do so much with the time he has during school....and even practice doesn't allow the time needed to prepare these boys physically and mentally...

Coach's program is a good one and the new "extended" program adds to his.

The extended program is extremely demanding BUT every kid that has stuck with it has done darn well on the field, court and class room....Not just here, but at other programs also....It teaches one to press forward when the body wants to quit...Takes them to a different level (physically & mentally) than they  believed was possible and then they begin to see the positive results IF they don't quit.

The more that go thru this program, the tuffr, more explosive, & faster we'll be....And as you said, it will carry over into the real world which is most needed in this day and time.

We're on the verge of creating something a lil different here...The turnout has been good and will be great when basketball is over.

We have the tools, trainers, coaches & support to accomplish what we've been wanting to do IMO.