• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
boski

West TN football! ..new powerhouse in the state?

kwc    53

Impressed with West TN schools ..congrats! ..i'm rooting for you guys! 

Boski, I'm impressed as well. But now we have to finish. We have to win championship games. I think these teams are up to the task, but, it takes a lot of focus on everybody's part.

I have to admit though ... I'm pleased as punch at what these teams have done. I think this is unprecedented for Memphis in high school football. I may be wrong, but I don't ever remember anything like this happening. Not like THIS. Three D1 programs and one D2.

I'm a hopin' and a prayin' for a clean sweep! Now ... THAT would be awesome! 

Thanks for the 'Love' on the 'T'. We Memphians appreciate the sentiment! I've read some of your posts and I know you are a Maplewood guy. Thanks, 'cause you didn't have to create this thread to acknowledge the accomplishment. Much love from the "Bluff City".

Edited by kwc
  • Upvote 1

howdoitknow    23

Five teams from Knoxville area out of eight classifications!

East TN rules!!!

I guess Boski is saying Greenback and Alcoa are about to learn the meaning of west TN football come Friday.

Memphis has six schools, east has six, and middle has four. Memphis is spread among the classes, east spread in smaller classes, and middle is 5a and above. I'd say it fairly even between east and west. West has always had talent now they seem to be getting better coaching or buy in. Either way it makes for great football.