West TN football! ..new powerhouse in the state?

boski

never is a strong word....0-2 sounds better....and Milan doesn't recruit...they're a "what gets off that yellow bus" kinda program...like true high school sports should be to create a level playing field....D2/pay for play and "open zoned" schools should be in one division and actual "yellow bus" public schools should be in another....

Milan does not recruit? Please don't go there. While for the most part they are very clean you seem to forget about the time they had to forfeit games for using a player who was actually living in Jackson. Please don't say you are a yellow bus program. Just saying.

Milan does not recruit? Please don't go there. While for the most part they are very clean you seem to forget about the time they had to forfeit games for using a player who was actually living in Jackson. Please don't say you are a yellow bus program. Just saying.

REITZ I have a lot of respect for you man and everything you have said is technically right. Just want to clear the air about what was going on.

Mom and dad were getting divorced. Dad worked in Milan so when he moved out he got an apartment in Milan. The kid stayed with dad during the week and saw mom on the weekend. Dads name was still on the utilities at the old house in Jackson which meant in the eyes of the Tssaa he had two residences and didn't have a legitimate change of residence. Milans coaches were not aware of this but they realized it was wrong when pointed out and didn't contest the rule. Bad situation all around and yes the rule was technically broken. But don't think there was any intent to get the kid there to play any way but legally.

I think Dresden could give them a run for their money. Two awesome teams

Kyle my friend. The difference between BA and Dresden is the difference between Alabama and the Division 2 college football champion. They have a very good program but trust me when I say this game would be mercy rule as soon as the 3rd started. It's not even fun for me to make this comparison because it really is that lopsided.

A better comparison for Dresden is saying they could make a deep push in 2A. Possibly 3A but the journey would for sure end when facing Alcoa.

Edited by Spartan4Life

REITZ I have a lot of respect for you man and everything you have said is technically right. Just want to clear the air about what was going on.

Mom and dad were getting divorced. Dad worked in Milan so when he moved out he got an apartment in Milan. The kid stayed with dad during the week and saw mom on the weekend. Dads name was still on the utilities at the old house in Jackson which meant in the eyes of the Tssaa he had two residences and didn't have a legitimate change of residence. Milans coaches were not aware of this but they realized it was wrong when pointed out and didn't contest the rule. Bad situation all around and yes the rule was technically broken. But don't think there was any intent to get the kid there to play any way but legally.

Fair enough.  I remember the night that all went down.   As I recall, the late Bill Haney broke the story on 96.5.  Lot of mad people in Milan on the radio that Friday night.  In the end, Milan still made the playoffs and went as far as they were going to go that year anyway. I have never heard that particular version of what went down, but I know your reputation on these boards and I accept your explanation as what happened.  Still it's know wonder why Milan loved beating on USJ so bad after that deal went down.  LOL. 

Edited by ReitzFan

I think the the over all best team in the state, BY FAR, is Whitehaven.

Lol so far that you beat Oakland by 3. Oakland isn't even close to Whitehavens level because they are by FAR the best....I mean they blew Oakland out.

I think the only other team that could play with Whitehaven is Brentwood Academy.

Edited by riverrat106

Lol so far that you beat Oakland by 3. Oakland isn't even close to Whithavens level because they are by FAR the best....I mean they blew Oakland out.

If BA can be the best in the state ... BY FAR. So can Whitehaven. Who's to say that Oakland isn't by far better then BA as well?

Edited by kwc

I think the only other team that could play with Whitehaven is Brentwood Academy.

Riverrat106:

Sparty wants to proclaim that BA is the best in TN high school football, because in his mind, D2 is FAR SUPERIOR then D1. Ergo, his coming in this thread and making that statement.

However, Whitehaven can make that claim. He seems to think that he can go get stats, and strength of schedule lists, and what have you, and try and stake a claim that BA is the superior team throughout the entire state. Never mind that neither team has played each other. Ever. He thinks that if he can say ... so and so played each other and this was the outcome, and so on and so forth, that by doing that he can proclaim BA to be the best. I say, all of that is poppycock jibberish. He swears it all means something.

Only one way to determine who is the best. Anything else is just opinion.

So, he states HIS opinion. I state mine.

Edited by kwc