West TN football! ..new powerhouse in the state?

boski

Riverrat106:

Sparty wants to proclaim that BA is the best in TN high school football, because in his mind, D2 is FAR SUPERIOR then D1. Ergo, his coming in this thread and making that statement.

However, Whitehaven can make that claim. He seems to think that he can go get stats, and strength of schedule lists, and what have you, and try and stake a claim that BA is the superior team throughout the entire state. Never mind that neither team has played each other. Ever. He thinks that if he can say ... so and so played each other and this was the outcome, and so on and so forth, that by doing that he can proclaim BA to be the best. I say, all of that is poppycock jibberish. He swears it all means something.

Only one way to determine who is the best. Anything else is just opinion.

So, he states HIS opinion. I state mine.

I would put Whitehaven's defense up against anybody.  Very salty group!

People way underestimate the talent Memphis has on the defensive side of the football.  Everyone talks about Quarterbacks, Runningbacks and Wide Receivers.  Defense wins championships!

People way underestimate the talent Memphis has on the defensive side of the football.  Everyone talks about Quarterbacks, Runningbacks and Wide Receivers.  Defense wins championships!

I also would put East Defense up against anyone! They scrimmaged Whitehaven this summer and neither offense could move the ball.

Milan does not recruit? Please don't go there. While for the most part they are very clean you seem to forget about the time they had to forfeit games for using a player who was actually living in Jackson. Please don't say you are a yellow bus program. Just saying.

Ok have to comment on this.

I lived a majority of my life 5 miles from Milan. A lot of my friends and acquaintances were from there there. And as a former football player you mix it up a lot with other area players. I can go ahead and tell you Milan gets a few transfers here and there but a vast majority are home grown. More importantly 99% (my guesstimation) of the starters who ever see the field were Dawgs since kindergarten. Of course kids move there though because they and their parents feel it's the best opportunity for them. By no means do they go around just trying to raid talent from nearby teams