Tennessee Coach's Poll-28 November 2016

ArtusCimber

So basically the team that finished 3rd in the duals, 2nd overall at the State Tournament is not on your list. Interesting how TN High returns many, I expect them to change your mind...all it takes is 8 decisive wins!  Based on the original post, Ranking for November and early December I would not have Arlington in the top 10 over TN High or Science Hill. 

That being said, I see Christian Brothers looks strong early, maybe you are more correct on that ranking being a bit low on the coaches poll.  I could see them move up a bit. It will be interesting to compare the 2 lists after the first week of December.

Not a bad list, but honestly I didn't think the original coaches poll was off much, but I only know the AAA teams.  Hard part is when they don't cross over and wrestle each other head to head. Its easy to sit here and computer simulate who could beat whom...but until the kids actually wrestle it will never be known.

I am with Ghouse about earning your ranking!  Everyone that has been around Tennessee high school wrestling for any amount of time knows that in a normal season CBHS & Father Ryan wrestle a tough out of state schedule.  How many times does it have to be said that you never know what team Pat Simpson is going to put on the mat until the region tournament.  Just an educated guess that the FR team people watched on Saturday will be much different when February rolls around.

Agreed!!

As far as reaching your highest potential it's hard to top what you get at Ryan, but as one poster stated, is pricey and likely one reason talent may go elsewhere as nolensville, Brentwood Ravenwood, Franklin and others around middle Tennessee has and will see.

Always been the case in Chattanooga-north GA area forever.

Best bang for the buck? Who can dispute Bradley over the years - especially right now, and well funded Cleveland as tops in the state and top 5-10 yearly average in SE since the early 90's

Great matches coming up in December!!

Always been the case in Chattanooga-north GA area forever.

Best bang for the buck? Who can dispute Bradley over the years - especially right now, and well funded Cleveland as tops in the state and top 5-10 yearly average in SE since the early 90's

Great matches coming up in December!!

Again, to my original point. Yes, these teams have a history of winning but it does not mean they are the top every single year. Creating a ranking based on historical, aka legacy rankings can be inaccurate. The ranking, as someone so eloquently put it yesterday (was that you ArtisSimba), should be earned, but I will add, earned on a yearly basis, not simply on reputation.

No one will give Independence or Arlington a shot because they haven't historically been at the top, it's a risky venture to go out on a limb and make the call. Kind of like picking the Panthers to win a Super Bowl.

I will also agree with PA Guy that there are other teams that deserve to be in the discussion.

Getting beat by Cleveland and Soddy, 2 of the most decorated programs in state history, does not make you overrated. If anything it means Cleveland and Soddy were not given the respect they deserve in the initial rankings

That's point I was trying to make, Cleveland and Soddy wasn't given the respect which makes no sense.