Lewis Co. Schedule 2017

ddaddy

From what I was told this was the most difficult schedule in many years to complete. Until the contracts are signed nothing is 100%, but this is it so far.

1.  Scotts Hill

2.  Camden

3.  @ Loretto

4.  Eagleville

5.  @ Summertown

6.  @ Hickman Co.

7.  @ Forrest

8.  Community

9.  Obion Co. (@ Bethel)

10.Columbia Acad

11.Bye

Fact: East Hickman said from the beginning that they would not play, Wayne Co's schedule was full the day after the regions were released, as was Lawrence Co and Columbia. Any of those schools would have been in front of all non-region games except Hickman Co.

From what I was told this was the most difficult schedule in many years to complete. Until the contracts are signed nothing is 100%, but this is it so far.

Fact: East Hickman said from the beginning that they would not play, Wayne Co's schedule was full the day after the regions were released, as was Lawrence Co and Columbia. Any of those schools would have been in front of all non-region games except Hickman Co.

This sort of spin statement is made by an LC fan every two years and it gets old. If Lewis Co. really wanted to play Wayne Co. we would play. Our coach calls every cycle. There is always the same initial hum-hawing, "I'm not sure" from LC, so we proceed with making our schedule so that we don't have to play an "Obion Co at Bethel" game. It's clear that Sharp has little interest in playing WC. We might get to play again when he retires.

Edited by 1RT

This sort of statement is made by an LC fan every two years and it gets old. If Lewis Co. really wanted to play Wayne Co. we would play. Our coach calls every cycle. There is always the same initial hum-hawing, "I'm not sure" from LC, so we proceed with making our schedule so that we don't have to play an "Obion Co at Bethel" game. It's clear that Sharp has no interest in playing WC again. We might get to play again when he retires.

Your statements are not based on facts. I can't speak for years past, but I can say with certainty this year LC called early and was told the schedule was full. I'm not going to get into a debate about who didn’t want to play who. I have too much respect for Coach Rice and Crews to make this a negative post. I can’t blame WC for playing Loretto or Summertown (which are the only 2 dates that would have worked for both) instead of LC. As for LC playing Obion Co. I assure you that was a desperation scheduling and there were no other viable choices

Your statements are not based on facts. I can't speak for years past, but I can say with certainty this year LC called early and was told the schedule was full. I'm not going to get into a debate about who didn’t want to play who. I have too much respect for Coach Rice and Crews to make this a negative post. I can’t blame WC for playing Loretto or Summertown (which are the only 2 dates that would have worked for both) instead of LC. As for LC playing Obion Co. I assure you that was a desperation scheduling and there were no other viable choices

I try not to be argumentative on here, but everything I said was a fact. I know for a fact that WC wanted the game. WC talked to LC early enough in the process to get it done, and we tried yet again to work it out. I didn't let your statement go by again this scheduling cycle because we all hear the same thing from LC fans over the years about their scheduling issues, particularly in regards to the Wayne Co. game. The excuses are always the same: WC already had their schedule together, we couldn't work out the dates, etc. That might be true once or twice, buts it's not true for 8 straight years. We've played over 50 times since 1950, give me a break.

I'm not saying Coach Sharp is afraid of WC at all. I think he's a great coach. But it clearly isn't a priority for him or we would play. I think that's unfortunate, but let's please stop acting like WC didn't want to play (not that you said that, but it's actually been said on here before) or forces beyond LC's control prevented us from playing.

I look forward to the day when we can work out these scheduling issues, and resume the rivalry.

Edited by 1RT

I try not to be argumentative on here, but everything I said was a fact. I know for a fact that WC wanted the game. WC talked to LC early enough in the process to get it done, and we tried yet again to work it out. I didn't let your statement go by again this scheduling cycle because we all hear the same thing from LC fans over the years about their scheduling issues, particularly in regards to the Wayne Co. game. The excuses are always the same: WC already had their schedule together, we couldn't work out the dates, etc. That might be true once or twice, buts it's not true for 8 straight years. We've played over 50 times since 1950, give me a break.

I'm not saying Coach Sharp is afraid of WC at all. I think he's a great coach. But it clearly isn't a priority for him or we would play. I think that's unfortunate, but let's please stop acting like WC didn't want to play (not that you said that, but it's actually been said on here before) or forces beyond LC's control prevented us from playing.

I look forward to the day when we can work out these scheduling issues, and resume the rivalry.

Again, I can't speak about the other 8 years that you are talking about, but I can speak about this year with complete certainty. WC had a choice of playing LC on either week 1 or 2 and they chose Loretto and Summertown. LC would not have played on week 6 because our oldest rival Hickman Co. is that week and WC was playing Mt. Pleasant I too would love to see the series pick back up and maybe someday it will, but sometimes it just doesn’t work out and that’s what happened this year. We have played WC the 4th most than any of the schools with Hickman 76 times, Loretto 66, Mt. Pleasant 58 and Wayne Co. 54. I admire the WC program and was pulling hard for you when you won it all and again this year. Good Luck

Again, I can't speak about the other 8 years that you are talking about, but I can speak about this year with complete certainty. WC had a choice of playing LC on either week 1 or 2 and they chose Loretto and Summertown. LC would not have played on week 6 because our oldest rival Hickman Co. is that week and WC was playing Mt. Pleasant I too would love to see the series pick back up and maybe someday it will, but sometimes it just doesn’t work out and that’s what happened this year. We have played WC the 4th most than any of the schools with Hickman 76 times, Loretto 66, Mt. Pleasant 58 and Wayne Co. 54. I admire the WC program and was pulling hard for you when you won it all and again this year. Good Luck

I have several friends from Lewis Co., and I always pull for y'all as well.

I think everyone is surprised that S'town and Loretto wanted games.  Even though we're rivals in others sports and old rivals in football, its the first time we've played a non-region game against Loretto in 20 years.  LC's regional schedule is also messed up. Finding non-region games in Weeks 9 and 11 has to be tough.

Lewis Co. was a measuring stick game for WC for generations. Frustrating that we don't play anymore because it's important to both fanbases - you can tell by how quick we all are to lay the blame elsewhere. Like siblings lol.

Good luck to y'all next year.

Edited by 1RT

I agree that there is a kinship between LC and WC. I have 100's of great stories involving our brothers to the South. Fact is Coach Rice and Crews have a very close relationship with Coach Sharp and some of the other coaches. No one will every know how over the past 20+ years they have worked together to help each other. Wither it was drawing x's and o's, sharing game plans or just general support. I wish nothing but the best for WC and know as long as the current coaches are in place they will continue to excel.

I agree that there is a kinship between LC and WC. I have 100's of great stories involving our brothers to the South. Fact is Coach Rice and Crews have a very close relationship with Coach Sharp and some of the other coaches. No one will every know how over the past 20+ years they have worked together to help each other. Wither it was drawing x's and o's, sharing game plans or just general support. I wish nothing but the best for WC and know as long as the current coaches are in place they will continue to excel.

I agree, I've heard coach Rice speak of coach Sharp many times and always gives him praise and respect.