District 7A

Shozen

We have 3 guards that will be all district and all region. Point guard will be district MVP and 1st team region, our perimeter guards are 6'4 and 6'6 and we have a guard off the bench who can try and help slow down Key. I'm just here supporting the school I've loved and put my kids through. I believe Key is very good but he's all you guys talk about. There has to be other news in this district.

Key is Memhis good this kid would start on the Memphis East team.  Clay isn't as good as they were last year in my opinion because they miss the big guy in the middle but they are still the best class A team in the mid-state.  There are a handful of teams that can beat them, mostly out of West Tn.  Last year's team had a legitimate chance to win it all.  This years team will be at the glass house and if their outside shooting is on they will be a tough out.  GP has no one and i mean no one that can guard Tyreke Key he will drop 40 on them just like he does everyone else.  As for the rest of the district, its pretty even.  The 4/5 play in game will leave one pretty good team at home.  I think any of these teams can go on the road and win and they can all lose even at home.  In the end i think it will be GP vs Clay however I'm hoping someone knocks off the private school.  You'll be where you're supposed to be next year in Div II and I wish you the best of luck over there but until then i'm pulling against you.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key is Memhis good this kid would start on the Memphis East team. Clay isn't as good as they were last year in my opinion because they miss the big guy in the middle but they are still the best class A team in the mid-state. There are a handful of teams that can beat them, mostly out of West Tn. Last year's team had a legitimate chance to win it all. This years team will be at the glass house and if their outside shooting is on they will be a tough out. GP has no one and i mean no one that can guard Tyreke Key he will drop 40 on them just like he does everyone else. As for the rest of the district, its pretty even. The 4/5 play in game will leave one pretty good team at home. I think any of these teams can go on the road and win and they can all lose even at home. In the end i think it will be GP vs Clay however I'm hoping someone knocks off the private school. You'll be where you're supposed to be next year in Div II and I wish you the best of luck over there but until then i'm pulling against you.

he wouldn't start on that East team, they are playing a national schedule and he wouldn't play PG over Lomax. He would have to play over Penny's son cause he isn't starting over TJ Moss (UConn offer and #59 on ESPN) I feel we have an advantage because of size. Does CC have anyone down low? He can score 40 but they can't win with 50-60 points because CC has no one else outside of him. Everyone in our region hates us except for some of CR due to family ties. If GP makes it, everyone at Watertown will be against them. It'll feel great to win when everyone wants you to lose.

he wouldn't start on that East team, they are playing a national schedule and he wouldn't play PG over Lomax. He would have to play over Penny's son cause he isn't starting over TJ Moss (UConn offer and #59 on ESPN) I feel we have an advantage because of size. Does CC have anyone down low? He can score 40 but they can't win with 50-60 points because CC has no one else outside of him. Everyone in our region hates us except for some of CR due to family ties. If GP makes it, everyone at Watertown will be against them. It'll feel great to win when everyone wants you to lose.

Why do you think that is?  Why is everyone against the Private School?  How did it feel when Jackson County came into your house last year and won?  The only reason he wouldn't start over Hardaway's son is because of his dad.  Its not because of his ability i promise you that.

Edited by UCSportsFan

Everyone is against the private school because they get players. I'm sorry we have a post coach who has played at the next level and post players want to play for him? You don't understand the back story of any of these players coming to school here. They sat out a year and did it the legal way. The kids that came in have known and played with players on the team since their 7th grade summer. Just because schools get players doenst mean they are doing anything wrong. Sorry that no one wants to come out to your town and play for your team as much as they would want to play for us. Jackson county went on to play VB in sub state so they weren't a terrible team but we weren't fully healthy. Who do you support ? And no he wouldn't start over Penny's son because that's not his position. Penny's son isn't anywhere the same as Key. Stop comparing him to these kids in Memphis who are ranked in the nation and getting high major D1 offers. Key is a minor/ mid major D1 player. Trust me if he was on their level, he would've played on the circuit. You guys are mad at Penny for finding players, but if Key was good enough; Penny would've found him like he found Stewart and put him on his EYBL team. Key is a very good high school player but you hugs are hyping him to be the best player in the state and that's not the case. He's a very good player in single A. He wouldn't win Mr. Basketball over Bo hodges or anyone in AAA.

Everyone is against the private school because they get players. I'm sorry we have a post coach who has played at the next level and post players want to play for him? You don't understand the back story of any of these players coming to school here. They sat out a year and did it the legal way. The kids that came in have known and played with players on the team since their 7th grade summer. Just because schools get players doenst mean they are doing anything wrong. Sorry that no one wants to come out to your town and play for your team as much as they would want to play for us. Jackson county went on to play VB in sub state so they weren't a terrible team but we weren't fully healthy. Who do you support ? And no he wouldn't start over Penny's son because that's not his position. Penny's son isn't anywhere the same as Key. Stop comparing him to these kids in Memphis who are ranked in the nation and getting high major D1 offers. Key is a minor/ mid major D1 player. Trust me if he was on their level, he would've played on the circuit. You guys are mad at Penny for finding players, but if Key was good enough; Penny would've found him like he found Stewart and put him on his EYBL team. Key is a very good high school player but you hugs are hyping him to be the best player in the state and that's not the case. He's a very good player in single A. He wouldn't win Mr. Basketball over Bo hodges or anyone in AAA.

Never said he was the best player in the state but he's in the conversation i can tell you that.  If your team gets a chance to play against him you'll see what i'm talking about.  For you to say he wouldn't win over anyone in AAA is wrong.  You don't know that to be a fact so why say it?  

• 2 weeks later...

Got to watch a good game between Clay VS Monterey- Finally got see Tyreke Key and he is as good as advertised. He is by far the best player in the Upper Cumberland.  Monterey played Clay a good game. Less subbing and Monterey had a chance to pull off a huge upset..  Lots of talent in 7a for sure. Tournament time should be fun. Good luck to all teams.

District Schedule for next week:

Play In games are Tuesday night 2/14:

6: Monterey vs Clay County Girls

7:30: Monterey vs Clarkrange Boys

Thursday 2/16 (Girls)

7:30: Pickett County vs Jackson County

6: Clarkrange vs winner of Clay/Monterey

Friday 2/17 (Boys)

7:30 Pickett County vs Jackson County

6: Clay County vs winner of Clarkrange/Monterey

Monday 2/20:

6: Girls Consolation Game

7:30: Girls Championship Game

Tuesday 2/21:

6: Boys Consolation Game

7:30: Boys Championship Game

Region will start on Friday 2/24 with the Girls satellite games, and boys satellite games are on Saturday 2/25.

Edited by Play 4 Fun

How did Jackson win? I know Clay is weak after Key so was JC hot and Key couldn't overcome them?

Jackson owns Clay County when they play @ Jackson County.  This is the first of many years J.C. has took the lesser team and beat Clay.  Tyreke is a nice player but he doesn't want to be the man when the game is close.  Should be an interesting district and for sure region tourney.