LazIndex 1A Rankings & Predictions Finals Week

LazIndexTN

Which means too close to call in the statistical world. What is the standard deviation on your predictions Laz? Just wondering.

I would have to go back and calculate that for this season to be honest.  It's something I've looked at in the past and it generally stays around 7 - 10 points.  High School really swings that number a lot because there are a ton of blowouts throughout the year.  Typically, around 75%-80% of the lines are within one score of being accurate, there are some really extreme outliers though.

By week 15 its extremely acurate. But if a team blows everyone out and lets up, it don,t have an accurate reading.

That is correct, the biggest flaw in the state though is the connectivity between regions though. If everyone played two games outside of their region then it would be incredibly more accurate for the later rounds of the playoffs. Example of what I'm saying would be a team from East TN, plays a team from Middle and from West TN once during the season. It just doesn't happen in our state.

Take Division II for example, tons of connectivity throughout the season statewide. I just went 25-0 in the playoffs for IIA and IIAA combined.

That is why, more so than blowouts, connections are the biggest problem in our state.

That is correct, the biggest flaw in the state though is the connectivity between regions though. If everyone played two games outside of their region then it would be incredibly more accurate for the later rounds of the playoffs. Example of what I'm saying would be a team from East TN, plays a team from Middle and from West TN once during the season. It just doesn't happen in our state.

Take Division II for example, tons of connectivity throughout the season statewide. I just went 25-0 in the playoffs for IIA and IIAA combined.

That is why, more so than blowouts, connections are the biggest problem in our state.

I,ve wondered about that but I figured it worked it way out  fairly good. Anyway you look at it ,its better than some opinion poll.Thanks for all the work, lots of us like seeing this.

Laz, I read you all the time but never post...I know you have drawn and do draw some haters/doubters but you're usually "on" and I appreciate your time  

Trez is about the only team out there that don,t seem to have an accurate reading. I,ve looked at 3 different ratings and all have them at nearly a 2 TD underdog. I doubt very seriously that happens.

Yes, have my doubts.  They are the one team that is true to form with what you were saying about blowouts and not playing starters.