Fri Sep. 8 7:00 PM Summertown R Homecoming
 Fri Sep. 15 7:00 PM at Columbia Academy R
 Fri Sep. 22 7:00 PM at Watertown
 Fri Sep. 29 7:00 PM Lewis County R
 Fri Oct. 6 7:00 PM Loretto R
 Fri Oct. 13   BYE
 Fri Oct. 20 7:00 PM Cascade
 Fri Oct. 27 7:00 PM at Community R 

South Pitt,Coalfield and Rhea are the possible loses I see.Is Hixson pretty good??Not to hijack a thread.☺

You never know with Hixson. Big school with a good talent pool. We just lose too many starters this season. Tyner may be the surprise team this year. They were very young last year and have good numbers and athletes everywhere. Coaching hurts them. They could dominate the east in 2A with the right coach. Rhea is an early favorite for Cookeville in 5A. I've seen a little film on Coalfield and the qb looks good. SP is a rivalry game and it's a toss-up.

Edited by PurplePower68

6-4

It's a tough schedule for sure tougher than recent years. Before I seen your prediction I was thinking 6-4, but a few breaks either way could very well be 8-2 or 4-6. The key to me will be how much better does the QB get in the off season. He has all the characteristics to be great, but how great depends on how great he wants to actually be.

It's a tough schedule for sure tougher than recent years. Before I seen your prediction I was thinking 6-4, but a few breaks either way could very well be 8-2 or 4-6. The key to me will be how much better does the QB get in the off season. He has all the characteristics to be great, but how great depends on how great he wants to actually be.

That's a question a lot of MC fans are asking I'm sure. I do know that the coaches are very high on him and from what I have seen from him on the basketball court this season shows me great promise. His leadership skills have grown and his decisiveness is spot on. I know it's basketball but those types of traits transfer onto the football field. Coach Mathis talks about how he is one of the hardest workers in the weight room and is like a sponge when asking for info to better himself as a qb. I honestly believe he may have a breakout year next season. He is not a concern for the 2017 team to me. Line play will determine a 6 win season or 8 wins. Skill positions I have no worries at all. I'm just ready for fall lol

That's a question a lot of MC fans are asking I'm sure. I do know that the coaches are very high on him and from what I have seen from him on the basketball court this season shows me great promise. His leadership skills have grown and his decisiveness is spot on. I know it's basketball but those types of traits transfer onto the football field. Coach Mathis talks about how he is one of the hardest workers in the weight room and is like a sponge when asking for info to better himself as a qb. I honestly believe he may have a breakout year next season. He is not a concern for the 2017 team to me. Line play will determine a 6 win season or 8 wins. Skill positions I have no worries at all. I'm just ready for fall lol

Yeah I agree that the skill positions should be easily filled for several more years. There is a lot of talent moving in the middle school. There was one kid when I was umpiring little league baseball that I said a couple years ago based on how he ran the bases that he will turn into a bruiser full back with speed. I can't remember his name but I know his dad helped coach first base. This was at least 2-3 years ago and he was about 8 years old then. Anyways, I agree as well that line play will be a huge factor for y'all. Is there much size coming up?

Yeah I agree that the skill positions should be easily filled for several more years. There is a lot of talent moving in the middle school. There was one kid when I was umpiring little league baseball that I said a couple years ago based on how he ran the bases that he will turn into a bruiser full back with speed. I can't remember his name but I know his dad helped coach first base. This was at least 2-3 years ago and he was about 8 years old then. Anyways, I agree as well that line play will be a huge factor for y'all. Is there much size coming up?

Size wise about what we're used to. We just don't have the size like we had back in day. We had 8th grade day at the high school yesterday. All the 8th graders from JMS went over for the day. Another middle school from another county sent their 8th graders as well. Lots of big kids from that school so we will just wait and see if that pans out. We have some out that haven't played football or haven't played in a couple years. Good looking kids too. One in particular that will be a freshman that may be the best athlete on the team from day one.

Edited by PurplePower68

• 4 weeks later...