R'dale-Off season tidbits........

Lost Old Dad

It's encouraging to see the large numbers in the 2017 soph/junior classes.  Need to keep those guys in the program and try to get some of the older guys back out for football.  

Most importantly the off-season program needs to be stellar, and Iron Warriors need to be everywhere.  Need to make sure that accountability is returned to every aspect of the program and that there is competition for every role.  

Have to quit accepting excuses on defense and special teams.  Some of these things should begin to show substantial improvement in year two.  Hope everyone is dialed in and ready to make that happen.  Actually pretty excited to see what Coach can do.

BUMP! GO WARRIORS!!! :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect Riverdale will be better on the lines in 2017.  Hope those guys are working hard and getting ready to dominate.

I didn't get to see the freshmen this year but know they played well and won the Lions Bowls.  Who are the top candidates from that group to contribute at the varsity level next year? .  

Can't get our kicker in the same camp Siegel's kicker went to as James Wilhoit has been hired by Brentwood Academy as their kicking coach and teacher. I doubt they will let him coach kids from other schools anymore.

Oh well. Maybe someone like Harrison Reed will finish College and teach it here when he finishes College.

Can't get our kicker in the same camp Siegel's kicker went to as James Wilhoit has been hired by Brentwood Academy as their kicking coach and teacher. I doubt they will let him coach kids from other schools anymore.

Oh well. Maybe someone like Harrison Reed will finish College and teach it here when he finishes College.

I forgot, you should also apply to be the special teams coordinator. Obviously they need an expert in this area to get their kickers up to speed. 

He may be able to keep his camps

Edited by wingman10

I forgot, you should also apply to be the special teams coordinator. Obviously they need an expert in this area to get their kickers up to speed.

If you had been around and actually knew anything about kicking you would already know the Wilhoit was one of the best kickers UT ever had. Harrison Reed went to his camp and was All Region all 4 years at Siegel. He was even the Mr. Football kicker his Senior year. He got a full ride at a Div 1 school and should either be graduated or about to this spring. His replacement at Siegel was all Region kicker again this year. He also went to Wilhoit's camp.

Like Trump, I may not know how to do it, but I do know who to go and ask that does. BTW it is NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!

I really hope he can as he REALLY knows how to teach kicking. Every kid he has taught and took his lesson seriously is usually the best kickers in their respective regions. I personally know of 4 that were ALL Region in their Regions at the same time.

No doubt he knows what and how to do it. The kickers in Wilson Co have benefited greatly from his teachings. I would send my kid to him in a heartbeat!

They will have to find a new kicker. The Ott kid who missed all the PAT's and field goals transferred to Mt Juliet..