OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Just so you will know, go to the top right of this page ... right beside the box that says reply to this topic are the words .. start a new topic... click on that and follow the instructions. I'm not being smart or sarcastic cause I didn't know how and someone showed me how, and now I have returned the favor. If you are like me you may not ever start a new topic but we will know how to do it.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Allregion, thank you for your reply and clarification.  I was only considering our bracket, which is my bad. I am also making the assumption that OR could have beaten Central. This assumption comes from season record, schedule a day score of a common opponent Knox Catholic (a private school) OR could have been elimated in the first round in another bracket. We were pretty darn good by year's end. Thanks for making me reevaluate my thinking.

12 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Allregion, thank you for your reply and clarification.  I was only considering our bracket, which is my bad. I am also making the assumption that OR could have beaten Central. This assumption comes from season record, schedule a day score of a common opponent Knox Catholic (a private school) OR could have been elimated in the first round in another bracket. We were pretty darn good by year's end. Thanks for making me reevaluate my thinking.

If we’re being honest, my response was probably a little slanted because I have a bias towards a school on the west side of the bracket. I appreciate your candor, and I have to agree with you. Oak Ridge IS the best public school in the East side of the bracket. My comment was just due to the schools in the West. I think Oak Ridge would give Hillsboro, Beech and Henry County a very good game, but they could also easily get beaten by any of the above. Those four schools (and Brighton, but they didn’t have a give a very good showing last night) are all very evenly matched. So you could very well be correct. I was probably too quick to discredit a good team. 

2 hours ago, AllRegion said:

If we’re being honest, my response was probably a little slanted because I have a bias towards a school on the west side of the bracket. I appreciate your candor, and I have to agree with you. Oak Ridge IS the best public school in the East side of the bracket. My comment was just due to the schools in the West. I think Oak Ridge would give Hillsboro, Beech and Henry County a very good game, but they could also easily get beaten by any of the above. Those four schools (and Brighton, but they didn’t have a give a very good showing last night) are all very evenly matched. So you could very well be correct. I was probably too quick to discredit a good team. 

Good post.