OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Merry Christmas to all the Oak Ridge fans on here including RW87 and SdotBears. This Holiday season has been going well for us in Chattanooga. I have finally gotten over the 2016 season by following the basketball teams.

I hope everyone is doing well and that Santa is good to you and your families. :D

You too Willie, and everyone else! 

Merry Christmas to all the Oak Ridge fans on here including RW87 and SdotBears. This Holiday season has been going well for us in Chattanooga. I have finally gotten over the 2016 season by following the basketball teams.

I hope everyone is doing well and that Santa is good to you and your families. :D

Merry Christmas to you and your family Willie! I hope you have a blessed 2017!

After reading through this thread I see a lot of OR fans talking of how they need bigger Lineman and on the Defensive side that may be true. I will say this however, if OR is going to continue to run the Flexbone Triple Option they need smaller quicker linemen. I've watched OR a couple of times the last two seasons and honestly the Oline didn't look too bad. My question for you Wildcat fans is do your QB's know how to make the correct Reads? Honest truth, you can have the most Bad #### line ever but if the QB is missing reads, the Option and your Offense will fizzle.

Edited by chsbobcat09

After reading through this thread I see a lot of OR fans talking of how they need bigger Lineman and on the Defensive side that may be true. I will say this however, if OR is going to continue to run the Flexbone Triple Option they need smaller quicker linemen. I've watched OR a couple of times the last two seasons and honestly the Oline didn't look too bad. My question for you Wildcat fans is do your QB's know how to make the correct Reads? Honest truth, you can have the most Bad #### line ever but if the QB is missing reads, the Option and your Offense will fizzle.

Great points, CHS. Honestly, I thought our QB last year did an OK job of reading defenses we went up against. Honestly, we have a kid who was a Sophomore (rising Jr) this past season and I think he's a much smoother QB in terms of reading defenses. I watched some of the JV games last year and more than a few times he had me so confused as to who had the ball it was crazy. A few plays I thought our RB was running it, and here goes the QB for a 50 yars scamper. He's good at it, but the only thing is I heard he's lacking in throwing ability, but that can always be worked on. You're right about needing smaller linemen in our offense.