OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

To you to Brother and all here on Coach T.

BTW 'ribs' are a Christmas food aren't they? LOL

Hate to say it but Christmas Eve  we went to The Copper Cellar on Cumberland Ave in the heart of Big Orange country. I had a 24 oz. bone-in ribeye medium rare and a baked potato. Plus a double Jack and water. Not as good as ribs but close.

Merry Christmas and have a Healthy and Happy New Year.. Good Luck with the old Ticker.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a must see to believe on Kyndall Clark. Go to his Twitter page Kcleezy@Kyndall Clark, scroll down a little bit looking for a tweet titled, trying to make myself immortal in the ridge.

It has a video of Kyndall causing havoc all over the field during his time at Oak Ridge. After watching it, I immediately started thinking he has earned a spot in the Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Fame.

RWR

Yesterday, I read the Oak Ridger online edition and they posted an article on the effort to get turf on Blankenship. To be honest, I didn't understand a lot of the article since grants, bills and government language in general stupefy me. That is why after getting a degree in Political Science at UTK, I scrapped that degree and got my teaching degree from UTK/UTC.

Somebody keep us informed on how the turf issue is going

Also, would somebody like to take a go at predicting who might be the starters and contributors for 2017? I'm pretty sure Jordan Graham will start. HA!

Oh, Jordan took to Twitter recently to share the news he is being looked upon for a space in Under Amour's development program. Or something like that. He unofficially rushed for over 1300 yards during his sophomore season.

I don't care if we get big strong linemen or small quick linemen, lets just get linemen. I bet Maryville has a few laying around not doing anything. No, I'm not saying recruit them, just a nice simple request for their services will suffice.  HA!

Yesterday, I read the Oak Ridger online edition and they posted an article on the effort to get turf on Blankenship. To be honest, I didn't understand a lot of the article since grants, bills and government language in general stupefy me. That is why after getting a degree in Political Science at UTK, I scrapped that degree and got my teaching degree from UTK/UTC.

Somebody keep us informed on how the turf issue is going

Also, would somebody like to take a go at predicting who might be the starters and contributors for 2017? I'm pretty sure Jordan Graham will start. HA!

Oh, Jordan took to Twitter recently to share the news he is being looked upon for a space in Under Amour's development program. Or something like that. He unofficially rushed for over 1300 yards during his sophomore season.

I don't care if we get big strong linemen or small quick linemen, lets just get linemen. I bet Maryville has a few laying around not doing anything. No, I'm not saying recruit them, just a nice simple request for their services will suffice. HA!

Stay away Willie lol

It can't get any sweeter for Tee to see his future team become Natty Champs. I am so happy for him and hope the Tigers return next season with our # 5 leading the way.

Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney and WR Coach Jeff Scott are scheduled to be in Oak Ridge this Tuesday night to watch Wildcat Tee Higgins play basketball against Knoxville Central. Tee was in Clemson this weekend and had his picture taken with the Natty Champions trophy.

You know I follow track also and I saw on Facebook that the OR coach retired. That's too bad. That has been an extremely successful program.

I can't say I understand the push for a turf field when by all accounts the rest of the football stadium needs an overhaul.

Coach Allen Etheridge has retired from the Cross Country program after having coached his kids through high school. His teams won 6 State Titles, 5 Runner Up trophies and 3 third place finishes.

According to the article I read, he was going to coach Track this season and may continue on. He said he could no longer give Cross Country the effort it deserved and would think about track.

The push for turf is probably based on several reason one of course would be money. Another would be keeping up with all the KIL teams going turf. I would also guess turf would fit the type of speed our players have.

You are right Blankenship Jack Armstrong Stadium does need repairs. I think the project has been broken down into pieces. They have already replaced the Visitor Stands. More repairs will be completed as money becomes available.