1A/2A TSWS All State football teams

orngnblk

I see several kids left off of these teams, but I understand that everyone doesn't make it. I will back ole Beerman on this one though. He was a really good linemen for the Pirates. I thought 55 and 62 were our best linemen the last two seasons. Surprised to see #1 not make it either. Going up the Valley I noticed Saylors for Marion County didn't make it. IMO he was the best offensive player/athlete on the field. That's highway robbery as well. The other good LB for Sequatchie County didn't make it either. That's another head scratcher.

I see several kids left off of these teams, but I understand that everyone doesn't make it. I will back ole Beerman on this one though. He was a really good linemen for the Pirates. I thought 55 and 62 were our best linemen the last two seasons. Surprised to see #1 not make it either. Going up the Valley I noticed Saylors for Marion County didn't make it. IMO he was the best offensive player/athlete on the field. That's highway robbery as well. The other good LB for Sequatchie County didn't make it either. That's another head scratcher.

For the good that this list does the few that make it, it should be discontinued. Not one player from the west side of the state made the 2A list outside Memphis...not one. Scotts Hill had the west Tn. defensive player of the year...for all classifications...not a mention. Adamsville, Riverside, and McKenzie also had kids worthy of the list, and though I'm aware that not all probably would make it...it's Ridiculous that not one did. If you have a vote, do the research instead of just being a "homer".

TSWA All-State 2A-1A Prep Football Teams

Class 2A and 1A all-state prep football teams selected by the Tennessee Sportswriters Association.

Class 2A

OFFENSE

QB – Darius Harper, Austin-East

QB – Seth Price, Watertown

RB – Caleb Johnson, MAHS

RB – Cordarrian Richardson, Trezevant

WR – Daisuan Whitfield, Waverly

WR – Kashif Warren Jr., Austin-East

WR – Dylan Street, Happy Valley

OL – Logan Campbell, Marion County

OL – Rusty Staats, Watertown

OL – Antonio Nelson, Trezevant

OL – Landon Morefield, Happy Valley

OL – Dylan Hiefnar, Meigs County

ATH – Montez Bradley, Waverly

K – Eduard Hakizimana, Austin-East

DEFENSE

DL – Tracy Justice, Tyner

DL – Tijuan Mason, Trezevant

DL – Ismael Avila, Marion County

DL – Terrance Neal, Mitchell

LB – Alex Kirkendoll, Marion County

LB – Hunter McClain, Marion County

LB – Slayton Wild, Forrest

LB – Joshua Reed, Trezevant

DB – Jaylen Bowens, Tyner

DB – Tyrese Johnson, Knox Halls

DB – Isaiah Ligon, Austin-East

DB – Aaron Swafford, Meigs County

ATH – Hunter Zeman, Marion County

P – Gabe Boring, Bledsoe County

Class 1A

OFFENSE

QB – Preston Rice, Wayne County

QB – Dresser Winn, Dresden

RB – Kayne Roberts, Greenback

RB – Tucker Kennedy, Union City

WR – Blaine Bevis, Wayne County

WR – Austin Thomas, Dresden

WR – Cade Kennemore, South Pittsburg

OL – Mitchell Butner, South Pittsburg

OL – Spencer Norrod, Monterey

OL – Matt Fox, Columbia Academy

OL – Dalton Meadows, Dresden

OL – Preston Fesmire, Peabody

ATH – Parker McKinney, Coalfield

K – Hunter Keele, Fayetteville

DEFENSE

DL – Brant Lawless, Nashville Christian

DL – Josh Silvey, Greenback

DL – Tavin Kilpatrick, Greenback

DL – Hunter Clark, Harriman

LB – Sawyer Kelly, South Pittsburg

LB – D.J. Taylor, Huntland

LB – Noah Arnett, Cloudland

LB – Jordan Mitchell, Dresden

DB – Rush Lansdell, Columbia Academy

DB – Austin Lowe, Coalfield

DB – Joe Pace, Harriman

DB – Hunter Willis, Greenback

ATH – Dylan Yates, Dresden

P – Nash Lay, Oneida

Congrats to all of the young men selected above. However, I'd like to send a special kudos out to the young men selected above who represent a school from Memphis. You've all done well and deserve the recognition. You've represented your school and your city well.

Way to Go!
Edited by kwc