National Penny Hoopfest

RealisticFan45

This Friday Jan. 6th and Saturday Jan. 7th some of the top players im the nation will be at Bartlett and Arlington. Dont miss it!

The ARS/Conway Services Penny Hardaway National Hoopfest is the best one yet! It's Memphis vs. the Country on January 6th and 7th! The East vs. Montverde Academy game is probably the best game we've ever scheduled. Penny Hardaway and East will try to avenge a city of palms championship loss to Montverde Academy last week. Montverde has won three of the last four national championships. Cordova vs. Simeon is an awesome matchup as well. Can Memphis represent on the national stage again?

Friday January 6th at Bartlett High School

5:00 #7 Hamilton Heights vs. Lausanne

6:30 East St. Louis vs. Bolton

8:00 #3 Montverde Academy(FL) vs. Bartlett

Saturday January 7th at Arlington High School

12:00 Ridgeway vs. Arkansas Baptist Prep

1:30 Houston vs. #18 Sunrise Christian Academy(KS)

3:00 Southwind vs. #10 Pebblebrook(GA)

4:30 #14 Cordova vs. #9 Chicago Simeon

6:00 Arlington vs. #7 Hamilton Heights

7:30 #4 Memphis East vs. #2 Montverde Academy(FL)

Rankings are based off of unapproved website and USA Today!

ESPN #1 player R.J. Barrett(Montverde Academy)

ESPN #10 Collin Sexton(Pebblebrook)

ESPN #18 Chandler Lawson(Memphis East)

ESPN #23 E.J. Montgomery(Montverde Academy)

ESPN #29 Nickeil Alexander-Walker(Hamilton Heights)

ESPN #32 Rechon Black(Montverde Academy)

ESPN #37 Jeremiah Tilmon (East St. Louis)

ESPN #44 Shai Gilgeous-Alexander(Hamilton Heights)

ESPN #59 T.J. Moss (Memphis East)

Mr. Basketball 2016 in Tennessee Alex Lomax(Memphis East)

Special thanks to ARS Rescue Rooter, Conway Services and NIKE who make this all possible!

Edited by RealisticFan45

Memphis East beat Montverde Academy (#2 nationally ranked) 75-73.  Memphis East revenged their City of Palms championship lost in the championship.  Great win for Memphis East.  

I just had a conversation with a co-worker who's basketball knowledge in Memphis I trust. He told me he was at all of the games this week end. He spoke highly of the Memphis East victory. He also thinks the PG at Cordova is just too small to be a really good D1 PG playing in a major b-ball conference. He doesn't think that coach Smith should offer, but he says that he heard the the U of M has already offered. Can anybody verify that?

I just had a conversation with a co-worker who's basketball knowledge in Memphis I trust. He told me he was at all of the games this week end. He spoke highly of the Memphis East victory. He also thinks the PG at Cordova is just too small to be a really good D1 PG playing in a major b-ball conference. He doesn't think that coach Smith should offer, but he says that he heard the the U of M has already offered. Can anybody verify that?

Harris had the uofm offer before Alo did and is being recruited heavier than him also. Size always matters  when discussing his potential and i dont think he has the frame to ever weigh more than 175 and that may be a stretch, but he can flat out shoot. Better shooter & more athletic than Lomax. His biggest negative is he has never really been challenged to play lock down D or facilitate a team. I've seen him on the highschool circuit and aau closely for going on 3 years now and he has never played the PG role full time. He's always had blake williams to do that for him, at both Cordova and Team thad, and this past summer he had Drue Drinnon(2018 guard at Pebblebrook out of GA) to handle the lead guard duty . I believe up until now he's been a very very very undersized shooting guard, but he always shows flashes of nice passes and quick hands on defense. But then again when you have a player as gifted as a scorer as he is why wouldnt you let him shoot the rock 20 times a game. I guess next year when williams graduates you'll be able to see if he can actually run point. It's hard to turn down his scoring ability which makes it a no brainer to choose him over Alo but it always comes down to what a team needs. I envision with a full roster tubby wouldn't really need a scoring PG like what he demands from Jeremiah Martin right now and a game manager who can knock down the shot when needed will suffice in a few year. This is just my opinion tho. 

And also your co-worker probably hasn't seen him play much. Im not the biggest fan of his game, mainly due to his effort, but anybody that has seen him play more than once will say that he can definitely help a college team in some aspect. He gets it done against the best of the best every summer against arguably more stacked teams than you'll ever see in college and if we are referring to him at the UofM, the American isn't the best basketball conference so he could a solid guard there after getting stronger. 

Edited by TonyG

Harris had the uofm offer before Alo did and is being recruited heavier than him also. Size always matters  when discussing his potential and i dont think he has the frame to ever weigh more than 175 and that may be a stretch, but he can flat out shoot. Better shooter & more athletic than Lomax. His biggest negative is he has never really been challenged to play lock down D or facilitate a team. I've seen him on the highschool circuit and aau closely for going on 3 years now and he has never played the PG role full time. He's always had blake williams to do that for him, at both Cordova and Team thad, and this past summer he had Drue Drinnon(2018 guard at Pebblebrook out of GA) to handle the lead guard duty . I believe up until now he's been a very very very undersized shooting guard, but he always shows flashes of nice passes and quick hands on defense. But then again when you have a player as gifted as a scorer as he is why wouldnt you let him shoot the rock 20 times a game. I guess next year when williams graduates you'll be able to see if he can actually run point. It's hard to turn down his scoring ability which makes it a no brainer to choose him over Alo but it always comes down to what a team needs. I envision with a full roster tubby wouldn't really need a scoring PG like what he demands from Jeremiah Martin right now and a game manager who can knock down the shot when needed will suffice in a few year. This is just my opinion tho. 

And also your co-worker probably hasn't seen him play much. Im not the biggest fan of his game, mainly due to his effort, but anybody that has seen him play more than once will say that he can definitely help a college team in some aspect. He gets it done against the best of the best every summer against arguably more stacked teams than you'll ever see in college and if we are referring to him at the UofM, the American isn't the best basketball conference so he could a solid guard there after getting stronger. 

Thanks TonyG. You are the man!