National Penny Hoopfest

RealisticFan45

If I want to start my team I'm taking Lomax before any other guard in Memphis. He doesn't has to score to have a major impact on the game.

I'm inclined to agree. 

So this questions goes out to all of the Memphis High School basketball fans. If you are starting a college team and you can choose between Alo and Harris ... who are you rolling with as your PG?

If you have another PG in mind besides those two, then name him.

Edited by kwc

I'm inclined to agree. 

So this questions goes out to all of the Memphis High School basketball fans. If you are starting a college team and you can choose between Alo and Harris ... who are you rolling with as your PG?

If you have another PG in mind besides those two, then name him.

Tough question. I'm kinda forced to go with Lomax bc Harris has to learn how to play PG at the next level, but I wonder how effective Lomax would be without talent around him. Lomax struggles to guard Elite pointguards from what i have seen, he struggled with Shai Alexander and Garland. Garland is just too skilled and Alexander didn't let Alo bully him with his strength. On the other hand I think he and Harris will have a harder time with bigger guards period. Also I really like Blake Williams but i dont think the confidence is there at times. 

If Lomax is all you have on your team I dont think you will win as much as if Harris was your only option but that is strictly on the highschool level. Both of them will need a great system. Neither of them have a jaylen fisher type skill set. 

Edited by TonyG

Tough question. I'd go with Lomax bc Harris has to learn how to play PG at the next level, but I wonder how effective Lomax would be without talent around him. I really like Blake Williams but i dont think the confidence is there at times

Well, I will say this about Alo. This is purely my observations from afar. 

He's 'the Spaniard' ... in other words ... he's Maximus.

THAT, in my opinion, is his greatest quality. This is what I think ... If you take the top 15 High school players in this region ... and put them in a gym and let them just ball out together for a 3-4 month period, just getting to know each other. No fans. No coaches. Just them. Balling for hours on end until they collapse. I think Alo comes out as the leader of the group. Natural selection. Nothing coerced. No politicking. I think he leads by example. His ego comes from winning ... not scoring. He'll be the first one to put in the dirty work. I think the others won't feel like they are following either, because that's not Alo's persona. The others will just want to keep up with his competitiveness and drive. He won't nominate himself either because that's not his style ... the others would nominate him.

Edited by kwc

Tough question. I'm kinda forced to go with Lomax bc Harris has to learn how to play PG at the next level, but I wonder how effective Lomax would be without talent around him. Lomax struggles to guard Elite pointguards from what i have seen, he struggled with Shai Alexander and Garland. Garland is just too skilled and Alexander didn't let Alo bully him with his strength. On the other hand I think he and Harris will have a harder time with bigger guards period. Also I really like Blake Williams but i dont think the confidence is there at times.

If Lomax is all you have on your team I dont think you will win as much as if Harris was your only option but that is strictly on the highschool level. Both of them will need a great system. Neither of them have a jaylen fisher type skill set.

You can say the same about any good player on a team by themselves. I think Lomax just needs a good shooter and a couple bigs to go with him. He can run a team by himself. I'm taking Lomax because he can get the job done

When you say PG are you talking about Harris or the other kid? I saw Harris this year and last and he is strictly a scorer/shooter. He can flat out shoot it. No way he plays a SG position at the D1 level, just too small. He will have to be a PG, but from watching their offense, he has no PG IQ. The offense is just run and shoot. He shot a horrible percentage not trying to get to the rim until the game was over. I see low to mid major at best

When you say PG are you talking about Harris or the other kid? I saw Harris this year and last and he is strictly a scorer/shooter. He can flat out shoot it. No way he plays a SG position at the D1 level, just too small. He will have to be a PG, but from watching their offense, he has no PG IQ. The offense is just run and shoot. He shot a horrible percentage not trying to get to the rim until the game was over. I see low to mid major at best

My question was aimed at playing Harris at the PG position. Like you said, he's not going to play the 2 in college. 

Low to mid major for the 12th ranked PG in 2018. 

My question was aimed at playing Harris at the PG position. Like you said, he's not going to play the 2 in college. 

Experience points to Lomax, you kinda really don't have a choice. I don't think we will see Harris be forced to play PG until next year when Blake leaves as i stated earlier in this thread.  Last year Alo wasn't the best player in AAA he was just the glue of the best team in AAA.  

He already has several high major offers though

• Upvote 1

Experience points to Lomax, you kinda really don't have a choice. I don't think we will see Harris be forced to play PG until next year when Blake leaves as i stated earlier in this thread. Last year Alo wasn't the best player in AAA he was just the glue of the best team in AAA.

Alo had to take over last night because TJ was 1-11 on the night. He took over and put the team on his back. He knew it was up to him to take the last shot of the game. Win or lose on his shot. A three pointer at that.

Ice water is running through that young man's veins. Ice water I tell ya!