District 4-A

kazam37

Been wandering around trying to figure out how this district is going to settle out.  Since it is nearly the half way point and several of the games have been played, how does anyone see this thing shaking out?  Everyone said Oneida and Coalfield would probably be at the head of the pack....is that still the feeling?  Looks like the Lady Indians have been playing very tough out of conference schedule and some of the losses were brutal.  Then again the opponents were top shelf (McMinn and Clarkrange)  I haven't seen or heard much about Coalfield, but know they had a solid crew returning.  Are they the top team?  Just curious.

Kazzy

Top team has to be Oneida. This district is more wide open than it has been in previous years, and not in a good way. Sunbright seems to be the only team that has improved compared to previous years. I could see D3 sweeping D4 come tournament time. 

District is definitely wide open.  Oneida looking good early but when you take two losses,one by by 40 and one by 50 to a school, regardless of the classification of that school, you can't be taken too seriously to make a run in the post season.  Not sure anyone from District 3A or 4A will be making an appearance in the glass house.  Just my opinion thus far in the season.

Been wandering around trying to figure out how this district is going to settle out.  Since it is nearly the half way point and several of the games have been played, how does anyone see this thing shaking out?  Everyone said Oneida and Coalfield would probably be at the head of the pack....is that still the feeling?  Looks like the Lady Indians have been playing very tough out of conference schedule and some of the losses were brutal.  Then again the opponents were top shelf (McMinn and Clarkrange)  I haven't seen or heard much about Coalfield, but know they had a solid crew returning.  Are they the top team?  Just curious.

Kazzy

They're all pretty weak. CF has one good player and 5 or 6 ok ones. They have stretches where if she isn't making shots, they just look lost. I think OS plays the hardest the most consistently...but not a ton of talent. I thought WB was bad and they looked it... but they beat CF easily. OD, Jellico are really bad.It looks like a mishmash of mediocrity in 4a to me.

Kazzy

I think Oneida is possibly still the best team. However they lack consistency. Its hard to replace a player like Newport and they are struggling to find their way without her.

What did you think Goose?  In all honesty.....I am not even going to question it because everything leading up to that instance had a reflection on the outcome.  I have heard the block was clean and the ref blew a quick whistle?  I also heard there was slight contact but not enough to warrant the whistle deciding the outcome?  Hey, the kid hit the two free throws, so that was no guarantee that she hits them there, so hats off to her.  No one that I know said Christopher can't coach, so she did a great job keeping her team in it the whole way.  The Lady Indians are obviously in a rut right now, so they going to have to climb out of the tailspin.  Coach Yaden may be catching them at a perfect time....?  I really thought they could manage the loss of Newport, but they seem to miss some of her intangibles.  I do know she absolutely hated losing and the current crew needs to learn that trait.  They have the goods to get it back.....question is do they want it more?

Kaz