Station Camp violations

bballinformer

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously have no idea what your talking about. Guys the channel 4 news story is complete bull, they took a kid who had an axe to grind with the coaches at sc and tried to make something out of nothing. Looks like a few idiots took the bait. This why the term fake news is relevant now. This was fake news 

Everybody ask yourself this question, if the coaches "knew" it was going on for years why would they all of a sudden call the police on this one situation instead of trying to cover it up like you guys think they did for years? That doesn't make any sense. If they knew it was going on they obviously would've covered it up again, instead of risking their livelihoods. They obviously didn't know it was taking place and handled it the proper way with proper protocol. You people are so gullible, especially to come in here and spew garbage when these men have families at home. You need to make sure you know the story inside and out before you make accusations towards somebody's character.

You obviously have no idea what YOU'RE talking about, and if you don't think what was reported on Channel 4 is just fake news from a disgruntled former player, then you're much, much closer to being an idiot than the rest of us.

I don't suppose you read the news about the hazing incident the previous year in Ooltewah where 3 teens were found guilty for assault and rape/sodomy?  TSSAA sent out a(nother) mandatory requirement for all coaches to review with their teams this year that hazing was illegal and would not be tolerated.  When the incident was reported to Massey by the player(s) in Kentucky less than 5 months after the verdict was passed down, he knew that if he failed to notify his management and the police that his job was absolutely at stake.  He still will likely be sued along with the school district for what happened.

If you think this is a one-time incident and/or that the coaches are without fault in this, YOU are the one who is gullible.  

Ok you say it's nothing . Why would the head coach tell another coach that this has been going on since Anderton was there . I guess they (coaches ) don't see anything wrong with it since they tell other coaches . I know 3 players in the program and it's happened to all of them . Don't be naive . End of year something will happen and if it doesn't expect the program to go downhill for a couple years .

Let me clarify, I didn't say or think it's nothing. I'm just saying that the coaches didn't know nor was a player ever held down and FORCED to do this as the report portrayed. It was all voluntary, doesn't make it right but we all did dumb things when we're young. As far as other coaches, their humans to that hear second hand info and pass it along like we all do from time to time whether it's faulty or not. Bo Hodges's, the player in the report, was kicked off the team and transferred to maple wood. Fact. He and his dad definitely have sour grapes.

Ok you say it's nothing . Why would the head coach tell another coach that this has been going on since Anderton was there . I guess they (coaches ) don't see anything wrong with it since they tell other coaches . I know 3 players in the program and it's happened to all of them . Don't be naive . End of year something will happen and if it doesn't expect the program to go downhill for a couple years .

Let me clarify, I didn't say or think it's nothing. I'm just saying that the coaches didn't know nor was a player ever held down and FORCED to do this as the report portrayed. It was all voluntary, doesn't make it right but we all did dumb things when we're young. As far as other coaches, their humans to that hear second hand info and pass it along like we all do from time to time whether it's faulty or not. Bo Hodges's, the player in the report, was kicked off the team and transferred to maple wood. Fact. He and his dad definitely have sour grapes.

You obviously have no idea what YOU'RE talking about, and if you don't think what was reported on Channel 4 is just fake news from a disgruntled former player, then you're much, much closer to being an idiot than the rest of us.

I don't suppose you read the news about the hazing incident the previous year in Ooltewah where 3 teens were found guilty for assault and rape/sodomy? TSSAA sent out a(nother) mandatory requirement for all coaches to review with their teams this year that hazing was illegal and would not be tolerated. When the incident was reported to Massey by the player(s) in Kentucky less than 5 months after the verdict was passed down, he knew that if he failed to notify his management and the police that his job was absolutely at stake. He still will likely be sued along with the school district for what happened.

If you think this is a one-time incident and/or that the coaches are without fault in this, YOU are the one who is gullible.

Once again another idiot who has no idea what their talking about, but le me guess you heard from an opposing coach or heard from your buddy in the school system. First, this has nothing to do with ootelwah. Secondly, I know that this has happened before, I'm not naive. But it was voluntary, not forced. The kids where young and made a mistake. If the coaches had known about it they would've stopped it, no doubt. You being a commando should know not everything is as reported, just like at Hendersonville with the Anastasia Hayes deal. Believe what you want, I know what happened and know what didn't. Channel 4 news relying on a kid who was kicked off the team as the crutch of its story is ridiculous. Obvious sour grapes from him and his dad.

Once again another idiot who has no idea what their talking about, but le me guess you heard from an opposing coach or heard from your buddy in the school system. First, this has nothing to do with ootelwah. Secondly, I know that this has happened before, I'm not naive. But it was voluntary, not forced. The kids where young and made a mistake. If the coaches had known about it they would've stopped it, no doubt. You being a commando should know not everything is as reported, just like at Hendersonville with the Anastasia Hayes deal. Believe what you want, I know what happened and know what didn't. Channel 4 news relying on a kid who was kicked off the team as the crutch of its story is ridiculous. Obvious sour grapes from him and his dad.

No, you're still the same idiot who has no idea what THEY'RE talking about.  It has everything to do with Ooltewah...hazing is illegal and should never be tolerated.  You are so naive it isn't funny...voluntary?  What a joke.  How many 14/15 year-olds can't wait to get up in the morning so that an 18-year-old can pull their pants down and brand them with a hot iron.  You are an idiot.  What happened in December was assault, and criminal charges should have been filed, and when they (Massey, Station Camp, and Sumner County Schools) get sued and it comes out that the coaching staff did know about this moronic "ritual" and yet did nothing to ensure it did not happen again, Massey's teaching and coaching career will be over and taxpayers will be paying for that kid's college education.  Massey's primary job is to take care of the students under his control...he failed.

No, you're still the same idiot who has no idea what THEY'RE talking about. It has everything to do with Ooltewah...hazing is illegal and should never be tolerated. You are so naive it isn't funny...voluntary? What a joke. How many 14/15 year-olds can't wait to get up in the morning so that an 18-year-old can pull their pants down and brand them with a hot iron. You are an idiot. What happened in December was assault, and criminal charges should have been filed, and when they (Massey, Station Camp, and Sumner County Schools) get sued and it comes out that the coaching staff did know about this moronic "ritual" and yet did nothing to ensure it did not happen again, Massey's teaching and coaching career will be over and taxpayers will be paying for that kid's college education. Massey's primary job is to take care of the students under his control...he failed.

So all you can do is highlight the ootelwah situation and call me an idiot. You have no specifics of the situation but feel compelled to continue to just run your about generalizations. I'm done talking to you because it's obvious you know nothing, see ya later snowflake.

Just hope you don't have any kids playing there cause that makes you the idiot for letting him be exposed to that . Pictures don't lie . Guess the picture was.from a dis gruntled player as well , keep burying your head in the sand

I don't have any kids there, but if you don't think this happens every where my friend, even in your hometown you my friend have your head in the sand. This is just the latest that got publicized. Station Camp is a great school with unbelievable culture and atmosphere. If you could only see how they treat their mentally and physically disabled students it would amaze you. Even the basketball team helps with P22 project which hosts a game for them, it makes those kids year and to see all involve brings a tear to your eye. But that's just part of the story not told. I would gladly let my kids play at station camp. Or any other school in this county, which is full of great coaches and people. It's not near as serious as it has been made, and even that picture you refer too isn't even that bad in my opinion. Now I'm sure it wasn't fun doing it. If it was as you guys seem to have bought into people would be in jail or at least charged and none of that has happened. So continue to judge and condemn people that you don't know about a story you don't know the whole truth. God bless

• 4 months later...