#1 Bradley Central vs #2 Cleveland

JBoskenUSAW

Broadcast coverage...

SECOND RANKED CLEVELAND EDGES TOP RANKED BRADLEY CENTRAL 30-29 IN WRESTLING SHOWDOWN.

http://www.wdef.com/2017/01/12/second-ranked-cleveland-edges-top-ranked-bradley-central-30-29-wrestling-showdown/

By: Rick Nyman

Submitted: 01/12/2017

Cleveland, TN-(WDEF) It’s hard for the Bradley Central-Cleveland wrestling rivalry to get much bigger, unless of course they meet as the top two teams in the state.

The Bears are number one, while the Blue Raiders are number two, even though Cleveland is undefeated and handed Bradley Central their only loss of the season.

Cleveland beat Bradley Central 34-33 back in December, and they edged their arch rival again on Thursday night 30-29.

The Blue Raiders grabbed an early 15-4 lead after Bryce Pond pinned Gaven Hughes in the 120-pound weight division.

Moments later we got a showcase match at 132-pounds.

Bradley Central’s Ryan McElhaney ranked second in the state against Cleveland’s Colton Landers, who is ranked first in the state.

The Bears McElhaney won the match.

In the 145-pound weight class, the Bears rolled out senior Knox Fuller, a three time state champion.

He pinned Caleb Eachus as Bradley Central continued to creep back into the match.

The Bears eventually grabbed the lead at 19-18 following a victory by Bradley Central’s Austin Mathews in the 152 pound weight class.

It proved to be a fight to the finish, but Cleveland helped seal the victory with a pin in the 220-pound weight class form Seth Garcia.

The Blue Raiders improve to 17-0 on the year, while Bradley Central falls to 15-2.