Warren County 2017

PIONEERS12

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, powereyeleadoption said:

with the coach and AD making what they are, why would they want to leave? The good ole boy system works well in Warren County

That is the case just about anywhere you go. Only thing I can say about that is most school boards are elected. If they want to stay elected then they have to act on the will of the public in which elected you. I dare say that a few alumn, influential business folks and parents pull together and call a meeting with their  school board member and demand some accountabiliy would get their attention. You pay there salary through tax dollars. You have a right to expect them to put together a strong program. If not, you have the right to question if as taxpayers are you getting  a fair return for your dollar. A good way to present that is by showing that the salary paid out to high school coaches in 6A are pretty even. Should you not be able to expect a similar or a competitive return on that investment.

26 minutes ago, StanTrott said:

FYI, school superintendents are not elected in Tennessee, and Warren County is one of the lowest paying teaching jobs in middle Tennessee for a 6A school. 

I wasn't referring to superintendent. I was referring to school boad members. As far as I know most counties elect them. The other point you make is valid as to pay. I believe all teachers are under paid, but when it comes to coaches, there is usually a fair stipen that accompanies that teachers pay in conjunction.  May not be getting rich, but I do believe if the general consensus is that the majority of boosters, sponsors, parents and atheletes are unhappy with the program and the results they have a right as taxpayers to ask if this is the best option we have for our students in this particular role.