Creekwood Vacancy

riverrat

Chuck Daniel is a very good football coach and an even better person.  He really stepped up to the plate this past year, under trying circumstances, and saved Creek Wood from a potentially embarrassing situation when he took the football position so late in the game after the previous coach, Palmer, left for Shelbyville.  

When the school was seeking a football coach in 2015 I thought that Jeff Tomlinson, Brian Beaubien, Cody Finley, Gary Halstead, and Eric Hatley were all excellent choices to succeed Coach Daniel at CWHS.  I felt that any of them would have done great things in Charlotte.  If any of those guys were to apply for the position I would encourage the school system to take a look at any of them without question.  

With that in mind I would say that this should be an open & shut case should Chuck Daniel apply and want to be the head football coach on a non-interim basis.  I know that Dickson County has to open the job since he was the coach under an "interim" title this past season but he knows the kids and the community better than anyone and has won in the past.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why has it taken so long for this job to be posted when it was interim when the season started makes no sense why it had been such an ordeal to get a football coach hired at this school the past 2 times if has been open. First the crazy ordeal the former Nut principal made everybody go through and now this. Job should have been filled by Christmas break or is it already filled under the table we shall see

Chuck Daniel is a very good football coach and an even better person.  He really stepped up to the plate this past year, under trying circumstances, and saved Creek Wood from a potentially embarrassing situation when he took the football position so late in the game after the previous coach, Palmer, left for Shelbyville.  

When the school was seeking a football coach in 2015 I thought that Jeff Tomlinson, Brian Beaubien, Cody Finley, Gary Halstead, and Eric Hatley were all excellent choices to succeed Coach Daniel at CWHS.  I felt that any of them would have done great things in Charlotte.  If any of those guys were to apply for the position I would encourage the school system to take a look at any of them without question.  

With that in mind I would say that this should be an open & shut case should Chuck Daniel apply and want to be the head football coach on a non-interim basis.  I know that Dickson County has to open the job since he was the coach under an "interim" title this past season but he knows the kids and the community better than anyone and has won in the past.

The thing I don't understand is Chuck stepped down to spend more time with his family and now he wants it back. Did he really step down or was he forced out we shall see what happens as the hill turns

It should have been an open & shut case. The interim tag should have been removed and CD should have been the coach.

I don't know why CD stepped down the last time other than the family time statement and I take him at his word on that statement.

If CWHS had gotten that hire right then they would have hired EH when he was running workouts and leading the football program. Since they dropped the ball on hiring him he was handed Creek Wood a loss in each of the last two seasons and taken a nearby school to the playoffs twice during that time period.

I'm guessing that the next named coach won't be CD. It won't be EH. It won't be BB. It won't be JT. I'm eager to see who it is though for sure.

It should have been an open & shut case. The interim tag should have been removed and CD should have been the coach.

I don't know why CD stepped down the last time other than the family time statement and I take him at his word on that statement.

If CWHS had gotten that hire right then they would have hired EH when he was running workouts and leading the football program. Since they dropped the ball on hiring him he was handed Creek Wood a loss in each of the last two seasons and taken a nearby school to the playoffs twice during that time period.

I'm guessing that the next named coach won't be CD. It won't be EH. It won't be BB. It won't be JT. I'm eager to see who it is though for sure.

I agree with you the last principal didn't want stability or he would have hired one of these guys and where is he now Gone came in disrupted the Wood and left. Hope they don't screw up this time

I agree with you the last principal didn't want stability or he would have hired one of these guys and where is he now Gone came in disrupted the Wood and left. Hope they don't screw up this time

It's very similar to the situation at CCCHS when they hired Jakobik and then Mintz and then Bain before Hatley fell into their lap. That was a hire that the former D.O.S. could have made more than two years earlier when Finley originally stepped down as coach. Since they hired Hatley (who Creek Wood HS really dropped the ball in not hiring) the results have produced: 2015 = Playoffs & 2016 = Playoffs

The "former Eagle" who was mentioned earlier also coached at Cheatham Co. once upon a time. He took them to the 2nd Round of the State Playoffs in back-to-back years in the mid 90s. He also took Kenwood to the State Semifinals and took Northeast to the 2nd Round of the State Playoffs just two years ago.