Maryville Red Rebels 2017 Schedule...Finally

rebelwoman87

[quote name="BarneySox2007" post="3644415" timestamp="148448

A lot of doubters and haters are going to be sadly mistaken if they think for one second things are going to slip a notch.

Barney,

Do you really believe that? I've got no doubt that Maryville will still be good, but to say they wont slip some is delusional. You dont just lose the best coach in the state and arguably the best in the nation without some sort of drop off. Maryville was good before Quarles, but what they did while he was there will never be done by anyone again.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barney,

Do you really believe that? I've got no doubt that Maryville will still be good, but to say they wont slip some is delusional. You dont just lose the best coach in the state and arguably the best in the nation without some sort of drop off. Maryville was good before Quarles, but what they did while he was there will never be done by anyone again.

Here's the skinny on Maryville Gov. 90% of the teams in the State of Tennessee aren't competitive with Maryville and will never be because they won't invest into their programs. Let's take D-B and O.R. for example. Both teams loaded with great skill players and the coaching sucks and everyone knows it but won't do anything about it. W.B and Heritage have been at this thing for 40 and 38 years now and no luck. Alcoa has been because they invest into their program and their not about to set around and settle. Long as Maryville invest into their program you can count on them always being in the thick of it every year.

Barney,

I hope Coach Hunt paid a little attention to GQ while he stood beside him every practice and Friday night.

I think the new young coach just needs to be the best coach Hunt he can be and not try to be the next GQ.Very few coaches will ever match that or not need to carry a play chart to know exactly what play for any situation.Maryville invest as someone wrote and they will continue to be successful.Those programs that won't make changes that need to be made,have only themselves to blame.

BS, don't forget about the shop classes. Murvil don't lose nearly as many kids to autobody repair. But we will need to keep an eye on that new cooking school.

sx eye heer tha knew cookin' skool weal brang inn sum biggur moore well fed linemuns....And thait colornairy skool weal brang inn kids hoo like me used two haiv trubble cullerin' inside tha lines.....jmo.... :popcorneater:

Long as Maryville invest into their program you can count on them always being in the thick of it every year.

Exactly, like I said, Maryville will always be good but they wont be going on another decade long streak of making it to the championship game every year and winning it 9 times out of 10. Ya'll will still be "in the thick of it as you said," but you wont be at the standards set by GQ. Getting eliminated in the semifinals, or God forbid in the quarterfinals, would be a bad year for Maryville because of those standards. Well, a lot of those "bad" years are coming down the pipes.

Here's the skinny on Maryville Gov. 90% of the teams in the State of Tennessee aren't competitive with Maryville and will never be because they won't invest into their programs. Let's take D-B and O.R. for example. Both teams loaded with great skill players and the coaching sucks and everyone knows it but won't do anything about it. W.B and Heritage have been at this thing for 40 and 38 years now and no luck. Alcoa has been because they invest into their program and their not about to set around and settle. Long as Maryville invest into their program you can count on them always being in the thick of it every year.

Well said Barney.You can see this difference in those teams year in and year out.Some may have an off year or two but always make it back.