State Championship Site

They are getting a new video board and they are in the process of gathering funding for at least demolishing one side of the stadium to rebuild new.   This has been in the works for 2-3 years like you said. 

I've always wanted them to try and horseshoe the stadium.  They'd have to build more parking because horseshoeing would take out parking behind the library, but that'd be pretty neat. 

I played football there in the 90s and they have come a long way with the weight facilities and some of the basketball facilities.... but the football stadium has needed an upgrade for a looooong time. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I don't think there'd be enough room because of the street.  I assume they'd have to leave the track there because they compete in track and there isn't any other field they use that has room for a track.  So that would make the stands pretty far away If that was the case.... Oh well

Video board, from what I've seen the past 8 years, shouldn't be a priority. The field itself and the locker rooms need upgrades big time.

agree. Safety should be first for not only the kids that play for the championship but also for the tech players. I wish they would focus on the field first then do all of the bells and whistles.

Someone above mentioned seating and I read somewhere one of the factors in TTU getting the bid was they have more seats than AP. On the high school level I don't see having a couple of thousand less seats as a deal breaker but TSSAA did.

As a player the bigger venues are fun.I loved playing at Vandy! Edited by orngnblk

Think about this: rotate the games each year between Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis. Now somebody tell me why this method wouldn't work, because I can't see why.

Well one reason is because they don't want to play the games on a natural surface because of wear and tear, which eliminates Neyland and Nissan Stadium. And they want the games to be accessible to the most fans, so that eliminates the Liberty Bowl and the new ETSU stadium. However, I'd be fine with rotating between Vanderbilt Stadium, Tucker Stadium (TTU), and Floyd Stadium (MTSU). Heck, you could even throw Finley Stadium (UTC) and Fortera Stadium (APU) into the rotation.

Not being disrespectful, but if playing in bigger venues is more fun, then they ought to be playing right here in Knoxville.

Think about this: rotate the games each year between Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis. Now somebody tell me why this method wouldn't work, because I can't see why.

Alabama rotates every year..