TSSAA BlueCross Bowl Contract Renewed

kwc

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to TTU twice. I went to the Maryville vs Melrose game that ended with Maryville winning 7-6. I think that was at MTSU. I never attended any of the games when it was at Vandy, unless the game I just mentioned was at Vandy ... I just don't remember.

All of them are a nice drive from Memphis anyway so it really doesn't matter much to me. I don't see a Memphis or Knoxville ever hosting because the drive would just be too much to ask for someone from the opposite side of the state.

However, I wouldn't mind a rotating venue of the Middle TN sites. Two years at Vandy. Next 2 year at TTU. Next 2 at MTSU. So on and so forth.  

Edited by kwc

Just curious why Nissan stadium (Titans) doesn't get involved. Not a big enough attendance from fans to make money? Just curious. Smyrna guy but am currently living in Dallas. Multiple rounds are held at Jerry world (AT&T stadium). The championship weekend rotates between Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston.

Just curious why Nissan stadium (Titans) doesn't get involved. Not a big enough attendance from fans to make money? Just curious. Smyrna guy but am currently living in Dallas. Multiple rounds are held at Jerry world (AT&T stadium). The championship weekend rotates between Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston.

It (Nissan Stadium) has a grass field.

It (Nissan Stadium) has a grass field.

Yep.  The NFL regular season lasts through the end of December.  8, now 9, games in 3 days the first weekend of June wouldn't be condusive to have grass on the field the rest of the season.  

That's why Vandy makes sense were it in Nashville, with Dudley Field having artificial turf.  

Look fellers and rw87......Eye ant got nuthin' agin Cookevegas.....Butt Georgie Hi Skool teems plays thair gaims inn tha Georgie Doam and we ere inn old runned down Tucker Stadeeum....Eye keap hearin' thair gonna ficks thait place upp....Butt eye heered thait baick inn 2009 and......

Eye'm like BHS......Lett's play one att tha "M".......825 Lorrunce..... :popcorneater:

Look fellers and rw87......Eye ant got nuthin' agin Cookevegas.....Butt Georgie Hi Skool teems plays thair gaims inn tha Georgie Doam and we ere inn old runned down Tucker Stadeeum....Eye keap hearin' thair gonna ficks thait place upp....Butt eye heered thait baick inn 2009 and......

Eye'm like BHS......Lett's play one att tha "M".......825 Lorrunce..... :popcorneater:

Spot on, my spelling challenged friend.  

Since the day that Cookeville was first awarded the Blue Cross Bowl we've all been told that Tucker Stadium is going to be rennovated and  brought up to par with former championship level facilities.  Now, some 7 years later - nothing - still waiting for those rennovations.  the only thing we see now is that a new scoreboard is allegedly up, but that doesn't nothing for the locker rooms, the restroom and concessions areas, the spectator seating areas, or the pitiful excuse for a press box there.  To say that all of those are substandard would be and understatement.  

The students who have earned the right to get to the Blue Cross Bowl, the fans who follow them, and all of those who cover high school football in this state week end and week out deserve better, IMO.

But I will give Cookeville on thing - they do have Ralph's Donuts.   :mrgreen:  

Spot on, my spelling challenged friend.

Since the day that Cookeville was first awarded the Blue Cross Bowl we've all been told that Tucker Stadium is going to be rennovated and brought up to par with former championship level facilities. Now, some 7 years later - nothing - still waiting for those rennovations. the only thing we see now is that a new scoreboard is allegedly up, but that doesn't nothing for the locker rooms, the restroom and concessions areas, the spectator seating areas, or the pitiful excuse for a press box there. To say that all of those are substandard would be and understatement.

The students who have earned the right to get to the Blue Cross Bowl, the fans who follow them, and all of those who cover high school football in this state week end and week out deserve better, IMO.

But I will give Cookeville on thing - they do have Ralph's Donuts. :mrgreen:

What makes renovations to the restrooms, concession stands and locker important? Tucker stadium makes for more of a realistic big High School football atmosphere, seemingly so why Do those other things matter? The field is nice, it's plenty of parking, its easy to to get to from the interstate and hotels. I mean besides Cookeville being a C TN type city it's not that bad. (Takes off Tech Alumni hat and gloves)

What makes renovations to the restrooms, concession stands and locker important? Tucker stadium makes for more of a realistic big High School football atmosphere, seemingly so why Do those other things matter? The field is nice, it's plenty of parking, its easy to to get to from the interstate and hotels. I mean besides Cookeville being a C TN type city it's not that bad. (Takes off Tech Alumni hat and gloves)

With all due respect, the place is a dump compared to other facilities that could be utlized.  Other than it being bigger it's not much different from a lot of the facilities teams play in on their own campuses during the season.  

It's the state championships.  Those games should be played in a quality venue and treated like the special event that it is.  

With all due respect, the place is a dump compared to other facilities that could be utlized. Other than it being bigger it's not much different from a lot of the facilities teams play in on their own campuses during the season.

It's the state championships. Those games should be played in a quality venue and treated like the special event that it is.

Yeah, The Facilities aren't bad when considering most teams that aren't from the area uses other area teams facilities or they do a lot at their hotels... the restoom, concession and press box thing is you being overly critical and that's your right but I know how far Tech has come so I don't see things the way you do. I know this, MTSU's stadium, with all it New stuff, won't give you a big time high school game atmosphere.