Oneida vs. Scott County

• 3 weeks later...

Oneida has been asked many many  times to play Scott, but has declined the offer. Over the years is has become a dead issue, so nobody really cares anymore.

Everybody would agree that it makes sense on so many different levels, but for whatever reason football and basketball ain't gonna happen.

Oneida has been asked many many  times to play Scott, but has declined the offer. Over the years is has become a dead issue, so nobody really cares anymore.

Everybody would agree that it makes sense on so many different levels, but for whatever reason football and basketball ain't gonna happen.

Yep, this has been a hot topic for years here in the county to the point were it's became obvious it's not going to happen. They play in soccer and baseball "I think" but not basketball(have played in tournaments recent years I believe) and football. Scott won the last 7-8 games way back in the 80s(?) then they quit playing, that's not saying they shouldn't play now, both programs have been competitive the last decade and longer. Older friends and family told me fighting at games and the week leading up to games was awful and that's one reason the series ended but that was then. I've been all for a Scott vs Oneida game since I was a kid, or heck even just a spring or fall jamboree instead of both traveling to play teams. Oneida is a 2A now, Scott 3A so I'd like to see it happen, I'm not holding my breath though.