2017 Class AAA West Regional Boys' BB Tourney Breakdown (Regions 7 & 8)

kwc

i think you are thinking about Christian Jones he is the other guard Christian Williams is the chubby kid but he has also played well this season but Jones was the kid who stepped up when C.J was injured

Yeah thanks for correcting me Christian Jones has been alot of help, Quentin has had some good moments too this season as a younger guy such as last night. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't think Quentin Williams or Christian Jones are of significance both have had big games this season

There are two players at Southwind that get them going and keep them going...

Mark Freeman and Carlos Marshall.

They can both go get their own and that's what make Southwind tough. Carlos can score and he's tough to guard. Mark Freeman can make plays for himself and everyone else.

Southwind's schedule isn't close to East's. They played Oak Hill and that's really it.

East has played Monte Verde 3x, Sierra Canyon, The Patrick School, Pebblebrook, and Hamilton Heights.

East absolutely destroyed Cordova the final score was 20 or so but at one point it was something like 43-16.

Southwind or Ridgeway could probably win state if East wasn't in the picture.

There are two players at Southwind that get them going and keep them going...

Mark Freeman and Carlos Marshall.

They can both go get their own and that's what make Southwind tough. Carlos can score and he's tough to guard. Mark Freeman can make plays for himself and everyone else.

Southwind's schedule isn't close to East's. They played Oak Hill and that's really it.

East has played Monte Verde 3x, Sierra Canyon, The Patrick School, Pebblebrook, and Hamilton Heights.

East absolutely destroyed Cordova the final score was 20 or so but at one point it was something like 43-16.

Southwind or Ridgeway could probably win state if East wasn't in the picture.

okay i can see your point Williams is more of a spot up shooter but Beans can take it to the rim as well as shoot jumpers and I agree with you on if East was not in the picture both Southwind and Ridgeway would be state favorites

I take it that you guys think we don't have a chance against Whitehaven.  

I won't say that you don't have a chance ... but I don't have Collierville beating Whitehaven in my bracketology selections.

In the Region 8 brackets I have Southwind, Whitehaven, East, and Ridgeway all winning their games on Saturday, Feb. 25. Then I have Southwind beating Whitehaven and East beating Ridgeway on the following Tuesday, Feb. 28. I have East beating Southwind on the following Thursday, Mar. 7.

In the Region 7 brackets I have Brighton, Bolton, Cordova, and Arlington all winning their games on Saturday, Feb. 25. Then I have Brighton beating Botlon and Cordova beating Arlington on the following Tuesday, Fe. 28. I have Cordova beating Brighton on the following Thursday, Mar. 7.

So, according to my braketology for Regions 7 and 8, I've selected East to host and beat Brighton on Mon., Mar. 6, to get a spot in the state tournament, coming out of the Region 8 bracket. Conversely, I have  Southwind traveling to Cordova to see who gets the other spot in the state tournament out of the Region 7 bracket. I selected Southwind to win that game.

So I have East and Southwind as the two team from the Memphis area that make it into the state playoffs. 

Edited by kwc

Funny, really? It more like crying. I need to count the number of post he has concerning Memphis teams. We have open enrollment SO WHAT!!!!. Are we the only system that has open enrolment? If and I mean If a parent picks up players for a ride to school so what. I know plenty of parents that car pool with other parents. Are you complaining about that? If a parent who helps coach Team Penny bring the boys to school, deal with it. Man you must dream about Memphis high school basketball. Let you tell it we are nothing but cheaters. Have some teams i the past broke rules of course. Is that limited to Memphis only, NO. So man enjoy life and stop crying like my grandchild.

Funny, really? It more like crying. I need to count the number of post he has concerning Memphis teams. We have open enrollment SO WHAT!!!!. Are we the only system that has open enrolment? If and I mean If a parent picks up players for a ride to school so what. I know plenty of parents that car pool with other parents. Are you complaining about that? If a parent who helps coach Team Penny bring the boys to school, deal with it. Man you must dream about Memphis high school basketball. Let you tell it we are nothing but cheaters. Have some teams i the past broke rules of course. Is that limited to Memphis only, NO. So man enjoy life and stop crying like my grandchild.

Man you sure do get stirred up don't you ? lol  Ya'll gonna win it anyways so it doesn't matter if its East or Southwind.  How's the Class A shaping up?  If ya'll end up playing Humboldt i'm coming down to watch that game!!!

Edited by UCSportsFan