2017 Class AAA West Regional Boys' BB Tourney Breakdown (Regions 7 & 8)

kwc

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't say that you don't have a chance ... but I don't have Collierville beating Whitehaven in my bracketology selections.

In the Region 8 brackets I have Southwind, Whitehaven, East, and Ridgeway all winning their games on Saturday, Feb. 25. Then I have Southwind beating Whitehaven and East beating Ridgeway on the following Tuesday, Feb. 28. I have East beating Southwind on the following Thursday, Mar. 7.

In the Region 7 brackets I have Brighton, Bolton, Cordova, and Arlington all winning their games on Saturday, Feb. 25. Then I have Brighton beating Botlon and Cordova beating Arlington on the following Tuesday, Fe. 28. I have Cordova beating Brighton on the following Thursday, Mar. 7.

So, according to my braketology for Regions 7 and 8, I've selected East to host and beat Brighton on Mon., Mar. 6, to get a spot in the state tournament, coming out of the Region 8 bracket. Conversely, I have Southwind traveling to Cordova to see who gets the other spot in the state tournament out of the Region 7 bracket. I selected Southwind to win that game.

So I have East and Southwind as the two team from the Memphis area that make it into the state playoffs.

Alrighty then. Round 1 is done and my picks all went according to my selections. Round 2 on Tuesday. It gets trickier the deeper it gets. I have to admit. Region 7 was a bit tougher to pick then Region 8.

Whitehaven shot the ball well Saturday night and we couldn't get a couple to fall so we are done.   I do not see them beating Southwind if they don't shoot that well again.  We saw 3 games and they had only made 4 3s total and they made 7 or 8 the other night.  Southwind is just bigger and more physical inside than we are and they should be able to win.   Ridgeway is the next victim of Penny Prep School.

Whitehaven shot the ball well Saturday night and we couldn't get a couple to fall so we are done.   I do not see them beating Southwind if they don't shoot that well again.  We saw 3 games and they had only made 4 3s total and they made 7 or 8 the other night.  Southwind is just bigger and more physical inside than we are and they should be able to win.   Ridgeway is the next victim of Penny Prep School.

All in all a good season for Collierville. Whitehaven and Southwind will be a good one tomorrow. So will Ridgeway and East. Tough match-ups all around.

All in all a good season for Collierville. Whitehaven and Southwind will be a good one tomorrow. So will Ridgeway and East. Tough match-ups all around.

I think Southwind and Whitehaven has a chance of being a good one But East and Ridgeway will be a rout East will win by Double Digits. Beans and Crutcher will have to play out their minds for it not to be.And thats nothing against Ridgeway. East is just that much better

I think Southwind and Whitehaven has a chance of being a good one But East and Ridgeway will be a rout East will win by Double Digits. Beans and Crutcher will have to play out their minds for it not to be.And thats nothing against Ridgeway. East is just that much better

I think the hardest job the East coaches have right now is dealing with expectations. These young men know what's at stake. However, they have to deal with the constant barrage of folks telling them that they are the run away favorites.

That being stated, I don't think focus will be an issue at this point. There are some folKS that are hating on them, but that is to be expected when you are declared to be a beast ... then you go out and prove every body correct.

That's a good problem to have.

I think the hardest job the East coaches have right now is dealing with expectations. These young men know what's at stake. However, they have to deal with the constant barrage of folks telling them that they are the run away favorites.

That being stated, I don't think focus will be an issue at this point. There are some folKS that are hating on them, but that is to be expected when you are declared to be a beast ... then you go out and prove every body correct.

That's a good problem to have.

Its people not are even from the city hating on them i saw a guy on here talking about vans and new shoes i like wat Penny is doing cause he doing it for the kids

Its people not are even from the city hating on them i saw a guy on here talking about vans and new shoes i like wat Penny is doing cause he doing it for the kids

Doesn't mattet. When you win and build a program like this. It's bound to happen.

East won by 11. However. They were down 10 at halftime. They had to earn this one. Southwind isn't going to be any easier. On the contrary.

I won't say that you don't have a chance ... but I don't have Collierville beating Whitehaven in my bracketology selections.

In the Region 8 brackets I have Southwind, Whitehaven, East, and Ridgeway all winning their games on Saturday, Feb. 25. Then I have Southwind beating Whitehaven and East beating Ridgeway on the following Tuesday, Feb. 28. I have East beating Southwind on the following Thursday, Mar. 7.

In the Region 7 brackets I have Brighton, Bolton, Cordova, and Arlington all winning their games on Saturday, Feb. 25. Then I have Brighton beating Botlon and Cordova beating Arlington on the following Tuesday, Fe. 28. I have Cordova beating Brighton on the following Thursday, Mar. 7.

So, according to my braketology for Regions 7 and 8, I've selected East to host and beat Brighton on Mon., Mar. 6, to get a spot in the state tournament, coming out of the Region 8 bracket. Conversely, I have Southwind traveling to Cordova to see who gets the other spot in the state tournament out of the Region 7 bracket. I selected Southwind to win that game.

So I have East and Southwind as the two team from the Memphis area that make it into the state playoffs.

It seems that I selected the 2nd round games correctly as well. So now the Thursday games loom large. Southwind at East and Brighton at Cordova. Better get to the East vs Southwind game early if you want a seat.

Edited by kwc

East won by 11. However. They were down 10 at halftime. They had to earn this one. Southwind isn't going to be any easier. On the contrary.

i was setting there thinking is this really about to happen Crutcher shot the cover off the ball the first half but East made adjustments at the and came out and stop him the Second half